• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

The beast saddle!

rr79

First part came in. My rigid seat. Perfect size and its made good quality. Only thing is the underside is yellow. Anyone know how to die fabric?

The word harvesting is for vegetables. i kill things.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1446301746724.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1446301746724.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 561
  • uploadfromtaptalk1446301756192.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 516
Certain fabrics don't take dye well. You can go to any grocery store and buy Ritz fabric dye for pretty cheap. I think you can use your washing machine as a basin, but last thing I dyed I used a stainless steel bowl. You fill with water to depth that allows full submersion and add appropriate amount of dye. One tip i can give is leave it in longer than needed. I dyed bright red aider and it looked black, but after it dried it was more burgundy. My point is wet fabric looks darker than it will when dry. If that doesn't work out for you, spray paint might be your only option short of sewing up a sleeve for it.

I am probably paranoid but I wouldn't use some random dye or paint on life support stuff... It would be cheaper to buy a half yard of camo fabric and cover it. Use fleece and it would be quieter too.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Another option is to just leave it alone. It isn't a 'strange' color, hell, I'm looking out my window and almost every tree leaf out there looks almost exactly like the bottom of your seat. Also, will it matter what color it is when you are 20 feet in the air -- or more accurately for you, 30 feet in the air?!

You've wrapped a swing in neoprene before, I'm sure you can wrap this with something if you don't like the color.
Good luck and keep us informed!

Your right scott it wont matter. Just for looks i guess. I totally forgot i painted a wetsuit cammo a while back. I used acrylic fabric paint mixed with textile medium and it is flexable. Also has held up in salt water crawling through rocks and wrecks. So i am sure it will hold up on underside of the seat.

Petzl micro scender and a kong. The kong is smaller and i like it better.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1446503371894.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 94
Testing the seat its very comfortable. I could deff sit in it all day. I feel free and not all pinched up. One problem! It is noisy! Maybe it needs breaking in or maybe i have to find a way to silence it.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1446504861371.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 98
I love my Kong duck. How much does that seat weight?

Just curious. How much noise does all that metal on metal between the biners and the ascenders make?

Not leaving them like that. Not useing that junky biner either. Just threw stuff together to test. Gonna put water hose on good biners.

The seat is noisy though. If i cant silence it then back to the swing seat. But i am still gonna build it into the tenzing vest.

Back