• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

The fabric sleeve thingy on Aerohunter's Lineman Belt

TooBigToFit

So ever since I got my saddle, I've been kinda... curious about this little sleeve on the Aerohunter Lineman's Belt. It doesn't seem to be a thing that's on other belts...

IMG_20190730_192633593.jpg
So what exactly does it do? I guessed it's for making it easier to adjust the length and shifting your hips a bit while using it, but its purpose is never explicitly stated.

And how do you daisy chain the belt up with it? Are you supposed to just bunch it up to one end and daisy chain from there (which is what I did)? Or do you pretend like it's part of the rope and have it within the daisy chain itself? Or something else that I'm missing? The belt was daisy chained when I first got the saddle, but I didn't pay attention as to how the sleeve was before I excitedly pulled it apart.

IMG_20190730_192605460.jpg

Is it even worth keeping on the belt? It seems kinda... scratchy and crunchy sounding to me.

So ever since I got my saddle, I've been kinda... curious about this little sleeve on the Aerohunter Lineman's Belt. It doesn't seem to be a thing that's on other belts...

View attachment 14255
So what exactly does it do? I guessed it's for making it easier to adjust the length and shifting your hips a bit while using it, but its purpose is never explicitly stated.

And how do you daisy chain the belt up with it? Are you supposed to just bunch it up to one end and daisy chain from there (which is what I did)? Or do you pretend like it's part of the rope and have it within the daisy chain itself? Or something else that I'm missing? The belt was daisy chained when I first got the saddle, but I didn't pay attention as to how the sleeve was before I excitedly pulled it apart.

View attachment 14256

Is it even worth keeping on the belt? It seems kinda... scratchy and crunchy sounding to me.
My belief was it was to stiffen & protect the rope, but was too loud for my liking & never made it to the woods.....

I noticed my tethrd linesman sheath was getting fuzzy from rubbing/sliding. So I took a 20’ish inch piece of one inch tubular webbing and threaded my linesman rope through it to add some abrasion resistance.

I’ve left mine in place and daisy chain it like it’s part of the rope. The more you use it the softer and more broke in it becomes. I seriously doubt it makes enough noise to matter.

Back