• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

The lightest, fastest climbing method. This will change the way you HUNT!!!!!

Interesting. I give him ten years tops LE. I hope I’m wrong.
Agree. Question is will he have a serious injury first, or just life ending fall. My heart skipped when the other guy climbed the big tree, and put all that weight on the dead limb when he got up.
Its Kinda like watching those guys free solo. There is no do over.

Lol, this remind me of those Vibram toe shoes that were popular a decade ago. Then they found out that barefoot running is not actually good for you. They had to settle a lawsuit, but then they sold 70 millions pairs so they don't really care.
I still have a pair of those. I was able to talk a martial arts instructor into letting me wear them instead of going barefoot.

I guarantee you this: I will NOT be Bruce Willis in Die Hard.

And another guarantee: I will NOT be like the cool kids and wear flip flops. Sandals w/ straps fully securing my entire foot to them? Sure.

Agree. Question is will he have a serious injury first, or just life ending fall. My heart skipped when the other guy climbed the big tree, and put all that weight on the dead limb when he got up.
Its Kinda like watching those guys free solo. There is no do over.
Yeah, when he jumped on that dead limb I was like OK! I would think that the biggest danger point would be that first move going down the tree. I can tell you from experience that a tree root can do some serious damage to your foot, and you don't have to fall far at all and land wrong on one. I stepped off the bottom rung of a ladder stick onto a tree root and my ankle went sideways, it sounded like a bundle of sticks breaking and I had to crawl back to the house. I was limping for a few weeks. I can't imagine sliding down 25 feet and landing that way.

This is very much like free climbing. No safety net at all. Now, a tree that has live limbs all the way to the ground I would climb no problem. Gripping the bark and going up the tree like a sloth, nope.

I did try the way he did that first climb but I am no way strong enough now to do that. I got maybe 3 feet. Those guys must have some serious grip strength.

Back