• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

The most compact public land climbing system ever?

BCHunter

Vendor Rep
Made a quick video today using an adjustable aider and cranford rope steps. I also show how to use it with climbing sticks. Hopefully this will give people some ideas to play around with.

I've got some new updates that I need to film tomorrow. It makes this even safer, quieter, and faster. Title: "How to make your Cranford EZY Climb Folding Rope Tree Steps the ultimate climbing system"

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I've got some new updates that I need to film tomorrow. It makes this even safer, quieter, and faster. Title: "How to make your Cranford EZY Climb Folding Rope Tree Steps the ultimate climbing system"

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
Can u show some up close shots of everything plz

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Lookin good. Like all the new ideas coming out lately

Made a quick video today using an adjustable aider and cranford rope steps. I also show how to use it with climbing sticks. Hopefully this will give people some ideas to play around with.

What does the adjustable aider look like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@BCHunter, this is very similar to my aider system. I started with the rope steps. What I found was that while it can be done, it is a little more of a balancing act when you are teetering with 1 foot on 1 rope step with the small surface area. That was why I went to the wild edge stepps. I picked up a dozen ameristeps, so now I am trying them on a strap with a boat buckle so that I have 2 steps to stand on which I think is clutch. Keep up the good work!

@BCHunter, this is very similar to my aider system. I started with the rope steps. What I found was that while it can be done, it is a little more of a balancing act when you are teetering with 1 foot on 1 rope step with the small surface area. That was why I went to the wild edge stepps. I picked up a dozen ameristeps, so now I am trying them on a strap with a boat buckle so that I have 2 steps to stand on which I think is clutch. Keep up the good work!
12 ameristeps is going to add some bulk. Why not just make the move to climb paws?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

12 ameristeps is going to add some bulk. Why not just make the move to climb paws?

Because I don't have climb paws lol. I don't know if the 2 ameristeps on a strap will be more bulky than 1 wild edge stepp though. I'm more interested in trying this so I don't have to worry about the fiddle factor with getting the stepp on perfect.

Because I don't have climb paws lol. I don't know if the 2 ameristeps on a strap will be more bulky than 1 wild edge stepp though. I'm more interested in trying this so I don't have to worry about the fiddle factor with getting the stepp on perfect.
I was considering the entire system. Packing 12 ameristeps in a 6 stepp package may be a challenge

I was considering the entire system. Packing 12 ameristeps in a 6 stepp package may be a challenge

Yea it might be, we'll see. I haven't put them together yet so I don't know how exactly it will work. If I works out I'll post it. Actually after watching @Cain's thread I thought that I could add a loop in between the steps that you could attach into also.

I think that, with the ratchet strap, they will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back