• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

The Official Mil surplus Thread

Anobody

SH Member
Wanted to start a thread talking all good things Mil surplus. What have you used? Pros cons ? Best Pieces. Not item off limits. Hard to beat surplus pricing and with a little searching you can find a lot of Jems!

Best Pieces I’ve used
Black polartec fleece bib and jacket (warm and super cheap)
Poly pro (Almost to warm to wear)

I know I’m missing some cuase I’ve used most under the sun

Alice pack frame, searching for a medium pack for it. Not looking really hard though. I love it. Picked it up for $5 five years ago.

Yea Alice pack without a frame has the potential to be pseudo wolf pack Could easily molle to a stand.

For the stand guys. Sustainment pouch fits perfect under a lone Wolf seat and I found the 200 round saw pouch fits lwcg .5 to a tee as well

How hard would it to rig up a meat self for the Alice frame? Plan on getting the Molle belt and shoulder straps for a stand and I use vintage hand me down BDUs from Pa Pa the last 12 years and they hold up great and huge pockets!

I haven't gotten around to it yet but plan on making a meat self for mine at some point.

A eureka tcop tent is one of the best tents I have ever used. I still have mine from when I was in the service and I still use it quite often.

As I type this I’m wearing cut off woodland camo bdu shorts with my name on my ass. My desert camo ones are my favorite but after 12 summers they’re a little rough.

Some of the fleece jackets I had were pretty nice.

And my absolute favorite piece of issued clothing is my black wool sweater. I wear it every winter as I work outside pretty often.

Second the poly pros being awesome!

I’ve also been exploring British and German surplus as well If u can nail down sizing the Austrian mil wool pants are nice

Right now I'm just using a brit molle flashlight pouch for my throwball/line.

Once it get colder, I'll start wearing my M1952's. Once it gets real cold, out come the bunny boots. Also, I have dozens of wool glove liners since there cheap and easily replaceable when they get wet.

I have a pair of these coming. Similar to the M65 Lines but zip off Thank u British military

Actually glad this thread was started. It reminded me that I needed to hem my pants. The hand stitching just wasn't cutting it.

If you have a scout in your family, you can also get surplus through ORMD. Son and I were able to get complete ECWCS sleeping bags with a bivvy for about $30/ea. Also look up reenacting uniform shops online. If you look around, you can find 100% repo's that haven't been sitting in a musty Quonset hut for 50 years.

Back