• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

The Progeny

MoBowGuy

Ok, so i just got into saddle hunting, in fact, this will be my first year to hunt in a saddle. Now, my 5 year old son, has to do every thing that i do. after purchasing a saddle this year, he decided that he had to have one as well. Since they do not make a saddle in his size, i decided that i would make one for him. This is the finished product. keep in mind, he chose the colors, not me lol1.jpg
The basic shape (yes it is a phantom clone, just shrunk down quite a bit
2.jpg
3.jpg
The main webbing is complete. and yes, i purposely sewed them on opposite sides.
4.jpg
1 inch tubular strap with Cobra buckle
5.jpg
6.jpg
Leg straps complete
7.jpg
and finally the waist loops.
8.jpg
another picture
9.jpg
and here he is trying it in our garage. it was rainning today, so until the rain stops, this will be as high as he goes.

I love it! Great job. It looks factory made. Holy cow your 5 year old looks tall for his age. Got an idea he's gonna be taggin along with dad before to long.

Dude that’s awesome! My 5 year old is chomping at the bit to go hunting with me. He has his hunting bag packed and wears it every time I shoot my bow.

Awesome! Enjoy it while he is interested. My son, now 13, I had mentored hunting since 5 or 6. I had him sitting in my lap shooting a crossbow on a 3D target at 20 yards. Hunted on private property in a ground blind. Eventually moved up to a double ladder stand. Every step of the way was safety and fun. Great times and memories.

He had 2 opportunities at deer (one nice 8 point), but didn’t close. They were great memories of shooting, hunting, grabbing food at the restaurant after the hunt. Good father son time.

A couple times I got frustrated as I really wanted him to get his first buck. Looking back, those times, I should have relaxed a little. Now he is 13 and all he cares about is video games and girls and won’t even think about hunting with me. We go to the range to shoot guns and fish, but that’s it.

If I could be so bold, let it be all about him and his experience and joy. If it is rut and he wants to play on the cell phone or go home, do it immediately and be happy about it. Just encourage him and enjoy the time with him.

And share pics of your hunting journey.

Awesome! Enjoy it while he is interested. My son, now 13, I had mentored hunting since 5 or 6. I had him sitting in my lap shooting a crossbow on a 3D target at 20 yards. Hunted on private property in a ground blind. Eventually moved up to a double ladder stand. Every step of the way was safety and fun. Great times and memories.

He had 2 opportunities at deer (one nice 8 point), but didn’t close. They were great memories of shooting, hunting, grabbing food at the restaurant after the hunt. Good father son time.

A couple times I got frustrated as I really wanted him to get his first buck. Looking back, those times, I should have relaxed a little. Now he is 13 and all he cares about is video games and girls and won’t even think about hunting with me. We go to the range to shoot guns and fish, but that’s it.

If I could be so bold, let it be all about him and his experience and joy. If it is rut and he wants to play on the cell phone or go home, do it immediately and be happy about it. Just encourage him and enjoy the time with him.

Will do. Technically, he has been going hunting with me for a few years. And believe it or not, he is super still and super quiet. He just gets bored easily so we bring him a non connected phone with a bunch of games or a tablet

Next thing ill be making for it (and my own saddle) are drink holders and a few other bags. For things like binos and calls and such. Probably gonna use the same material for it. Also ill be making a bag for my SRT rope

Love the JR saddle. That is awesome!

same story as me except my son is 15 now. Hoping he comes back around but not sure he ever will when it comes to archery or hunting. I am grateful that he still likes shooting firearms so we still have have that quality time together. He usually smokes me on the trap field and he doesn’t let me forget it.

ce4d08ce8c9f3c2bbaf6b5fa1b655ff6.jpg
b4ee47084b7ed818d4a5bbdc27d1659c.jpg

This is awesome. These are pictures of my 11 year old daughter and the saddle I made to fit her. She loves to climb srt. She just started a couple of weeks ago. She asks me quite often if she can climb the tree. For her online schooling she has to do a recess selfie. She chose to her selfie for recess in the tree one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Please tell me you have another child and you're doing that one in Batman colors.
No other child. I could however, probably do batman colors. I do plan on making more saddles, custom ones. And i will get them sent for testing. Id like to make sure that they are safe other than just guessing from counting stitches and guessing how much they can hold up

Back