• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

This could have been worse!

IkemanTX

Well, my grandmother’s house and the family farm got hit by a small tornado yesterday. Most important thing is, she is okay.

The farm structures and house took a lot of damage, though. A good portion of the house roof is gone, 2 barn roofs are gone, several small structures are completely gone, and everything else has some kind of damage.

Sorry for the quality of the pics, I’m not the one that took them.

The house, with missing roof. Also of not here is the 2 large doghouses are gone.... as in still haven’t been found in the debris... but the dogs made it unscathed.
42095049acc2e0a9281562b56e2d0fc6.jpg

The carport will be totaled
124e377a2f0368a37f43ad41c057bddd.jpg

My grandmother is pleased that at least the artwork on the barn was spared.
6d9632c27b1c12173d72050280be15ef.jpg

Another roof, couple of side walls, and barn doors gone.
7385956bb61ba31becffbd67486698d0.jpg

About 2/3 of the roof gone on this one too.
9d60f537abffa19e5f7ee84e10300270.jpg

Lots of the debris ended up across the street piled into the woods, almost 300 yards away from where it belongs. I’m sure a lot more ended up further away on neighboring properties.
a222ec233e270ac2858dceb6240cf2de.jpg

This picture doesn’t look like much, but there used to be a 20 foot box truck sitting here with a shed beside it... the whole dang thing went up and over my dad’s 3-bay shop and brand new camper building. Somehow it didn’t take either with it. It ended up on the county road at the north entrance of the farm...
cae7c4dc089fc5f2045cb10bc6ae0816.jpg

Also, one of the neighbors to the north got a little of the action on film. The video cuts off right as the tornado really comes together, because they ended up taking shelter. Looks like it started as multiple vortices and came together into one. This whole video puts the action right over the house.

Damage can be fixed, we’re just glad my grandmother wasn’t hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, I’m glad they made out ok! I lived in Topeka KS when I was really young, that’s scary stuff there.

Dang. Hate to see that but glad to hear your Grandmother is fine though. By any chance is that place around Jasper or Kirbyville?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Dang. Hate to see that but glad to hear your Grandmother is fine though. By any chance is that place around Jasper or Kirbyville?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

No, this is just outside Durant Ok.
I heard some nasty storms went through the kirbyville area the same day, though.

No, this is just outside Durant Ok.
I heard some nasty storms went through the kirbyville area the same day, though.

I didn't get a chance to watch it on the news but a few folks told me that parts of Jasper and Jamestown got pretty well destroyed.

I didn't get a chance to watch it on the news but a few folks told me that parts of Jasper and Jamestown got pretty well destroyed.

Onalaska was basically wiped off the map...
They’re asking for help to come in on boats from across the lake because roadways are so heavily blocked. Several fatalities reported in that one.

I wonder if that was the same funnel...?

Last edited:
Glad she's ok, storms can be rough. My parents lost their beach house down in Florida where I grew up during Hurricane Michael.

A local renowned storm chaser caught this same tornado rotation about 18 minutes before it hit the farm, in a town called Madill OK.

Unfortunately, 2 were killed in Madill. One was in a vehicle that was tossed around, the other was sucked out of a warehouse, and his body was found 1/4 mile away.

Also, my grandmother and stepmom made the local news... my dad is in the background cleaning stuff up.

Well, my grandmother’s house and the family farm got hit by a small tornado yesterday. Most important thing is, she is okay.

The farm structures and house took a lot of damage, though. A good portion of the house roof is gone, 2 barn roofs are gone, several small structures are completely gone, and everything else has some kind of damage.

Sorry for the quality of the pics, I’m not the one that took them.

The house, with missing roof. Also of not here is the 2 large doghouses are gone.... as in still haven’t been found in the debris... but the dogs made it unscathed.
42095049acc2e0a9281562b56e2d0fc6.jpg

The carport will be totaled
124e377a2f0368a37f43ad41c057bddd.jpg

My grandmother is pleased that at least the artwork on the barn was spared.
6d9632c27b1c12173d72050280be15ef.jpg

Another roof, couple of side walls, and barn doors gone.
7385956bb61ba31becffbd67486698d0.jpg

About 2/3 of the roof gone on this one too.
9d60f537abffa19e5f7ee84e10300270.jpg

Lots of the debris ended up across the street piled into the woods, almost 300 yards away from where it belongs. I’m sure a lot more ended up further away on neighboring properties.
a222ec233e270ac2858dceb6240cf2de.jpg

This picture doesn’t look like much, but there used to be a 20 foot box truck sitting here with a shed beside it... the whole dang thing went up and over my dad’s 3-bay shop and brand new camper building. Somehow it didn’t take either with it. It ended up on the county road at the north entrance of the farm...
cae7c4dc089fc5f2045cb10bc6ae0816.jpg

Also, one of the neighbors to the north got a little of the action on film. The video cuts off right as the tornado really comes together, because they ended up taking shelter. Looks like it started as multiple vortices and came together into one. This whole video puts the action right over the house.

Damage can be fixed, we’re just glad my grandmother wasn’t hurt.

Glad everyone is ok @IkemanTX! Wow, that was some impressive damage. Those things are flat out scary in their suddenness and power.

Glad your Grandma is OK! I saw the first video on the weather channel the other day and those multiple vortices and rainbow really looked wild!

Back