• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Thoughts on this as a Platform?

N1ChBryant

New Member from Oklahoma here....Just did my first saddle sit last night and quickly realized that I will be a platform guy. While looking for platforms to use this year I ran across this little seat and while its not the lightest option it was in stock, Fairly cheap, and i can actually get this fall unlike the tethrd stuff.

I see several tried the other Hawk tree seat but this model looks more stable....Thoughts...anyone used this model?

Hawk any angle.PNG

It would definitely work. The main problem I see thus far is how far it is away from the tree. That'll likely turn into a platform you stand on 100% of the time. Leaning on it would be you a pretty good ways away from the tree. Which i'm not saying would be a huge problem, just saying it may end up like that.

It would definitely work. The main problem I see thus far is how far it is away from the tree. That'll likely turn into a platform you stand on 100% of the time. Leaning on it would be you a pretty good ways away from the tree. Which i'm not saying would be a huge problem, just saying it may end up like that.

If I looked correctly it adjusts to any angle so you can adjust closer or further from the tree. it does swivel so im hoping there is a swivel lock or i might have to adjust it so it doesnt spin.

I agree looks like it would work. However, I see a couple downsides. One, it's steel and 7lbs. Roughly double the weight of most platforms available. Might be a challenge to pack as well.

Its in the eyes of the beholder, its cheap, and if it will do the job you need it to, then great!

I would look at the weight. Last I looked the other seat they have is like 6 lbs.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input gentleman ...I plan on getting a predator at some point but who knows when that might happen...ordered a saddle from them but haven't heard anything about shipping and when I emailed all i get is a auto response .....I bought this to get me by for now, i will put up a review once i get my grubby paws on it....

I think that's a good attitude to have! I think it swiveling could be a pretty big deal. FWIW, the predator will be awesome when you get it. It has absolutely changed my joy while saddle hunting. It is some good stuff!

Back