• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tight eye

CharlieRayT

Not too bad for my first attempt with improvised tools.
665e494a2ef92b7379216184eb122d3a.jpg
73e0f92f886f9907e2e25f9725eabac8.jpg
c76911e9f6770b517d8d8989ba93bb25.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good

Was it difficult?

The hardest part for me was passing the core through the jacket. It’s tight and I had to work at it. The smaller diameter of the arrow shaft (2314) made it doable. I think it would be really tough with a 7/16 fid.

Nice! I agree with you though, getting the core back though the cover is the hardest part. The trick I use is to taper the core first before feeding it through. I can get it in a small fid then.

Yes I did not taper. You can bet I’ll do it on the next one.

I watch the video a while back and I think I'll just order my ropes with an splice in them. I think I'm to old to start trying that. I think I would go nuts. Lol

It’s not bad just go step by step. But I don’t blame ya for buying them prefab either.

That tight eye looks awesome. Great job!

I purchased some rope a couple of weeks ago with the intent of burying and making a loop. Whooop, I did not purchase "double" braided. :D

Again, your tight eye is rock'n.

The hardest part for me was passing the core through the jacket. It’s tight and I had to work at it. The smaller diameter of the arrow shaft (2314) made it doable. I think it would be really tough with a 7/16 fid.

That’s the part I couldn’t get passed. Great job!

Looks great! I've spliced Bandit and didn't think it was too bad. I may have to pick up some predator and give it a go. I had been waiting after hearing how much more difficult predator is...

How long is the rope you used? How long once finished? Is that for your teather? Preditor rope? Thanks

How long is the rope you used? How long once finished? Is that for your teather? Preditor rope? Thanks

This is Predator rope. Actually this is just a short piece I practiced on. I originally bought the 12 foot tether from new tribe but it was way too long so I cut 4 feet or so off. I bought a 30 foot piece from wesspur that I plan to make a lineman and a tether from. I’m probably going to make em both around 8 feet with a small eye on the lineman and a larger eye on the tether.

Back