NICE!Well, I pulled a late night on Thursday. I had to figure out how to get enough material out of a first lite item, while still having a something left I could wear.
I chopped the sleeves off a perfectly fine jacket, sewed them together, and backed them with brown fleece. I miscalculated how much grosgrain I needed, so I still need to finish the top, smaller panel.
Also, I found some little clips similar to the Jude ones Latitude puts on their saddles.
Additionally I ended up making a diy utilibridge like the H2s, and lots of saddles are starting to run.
I ended up having a hellacious jam on my machine. I finally gave up and stopped at 3am. Thus, I didn’t get out on Friday as early as I originally wanted. So in short, I haven’t hung from a tree, but I have tested in my basement.
I had to do some finagling, but I found a few sweet spots, and she’s pretty comfy. Once I get the last panel together I’ll post some final picks, but for the time being, here it is.
I know some don’t like the leg loops, and I mentioned possibly modifying this to make them removable, but I can simple hook them on the molle strap as I walk in, illustrated in a couple of the pics.
Wow! I have no thoughts or words of intellect as im not up to speed on sewing and saddle making, but that sucker looks awesome. Im always amazed at some of the DIY saddles i see on here.Here’s some pics. Deep thoughts and words of intellect to come...