• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Trail Camera Recommendations

Andrew

Looking for camera recommendations. There seems to be so many cameras on the market these days and I'm having a hard time narrowing them down. Everybody here seems pretty sharp so i thought I'd ask, what is everybody using and why? Thanks in advance!

I'd ask what your budget is per camera and how likely one is to get stolen where you plan to set them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Im by no means the expert here but i have bought a few and the 29.00 or 39.00 tasko ones do a fair job and dont break the bank. I only hunt public tho so there is a method to my madness

I have run many.... I'm now almost 100% in the Browning camp

I’m a fan of exodus. But I have a bunch. I have had good luck w cheaper wildgame cams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run the hawk ghost cams. They work really well and take great night time photos and have a video option as well. The settings are controlled via Bluetooth on your phone and is not complicated. Only downside for me on these cams is that the sd card is inserted from the bottom so when checking cams pretty much gotta get down on the ground to pop that lid open and get the card out. Overall Im satisfied.

I've got to agree, you can't hardly go wrong with Browning....
I’ve been going with moultrie cameras for a while now I’d like to find one that has good image quality sometimes it’s hard to see all the points on a buck if the image is in all shades of gray

I'd ask what your budget is per camera and how likely one is to get stolen where you plan to set them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Around $100. probability of being stolen is pretty low. Just looking for something that is reliable, with an adequate picture quality. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Remember - your buying a camera with a sensor on it! I picked up a Bullet Proof and Wildgame Inovations at walmart after season last year for under $50 - one came with batteries and SD card. Both take great photos, just like my 4 yrd old Moultrie.

You can (and should) change the way it looks with some camo duct tape, hot glue and tree bark; also change the way it attaches to trees.Capture.jpgtrailcam0.jpegTrailc@m.png

Around $100. probability of being stolen is pretty low. Just looking for something that is reliable, with an adequate picture quality. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

At that price point the Covert MP8 is hard to beat. Reliable, great pictures and unusually great customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember - your buying a camera with a sensor on it! I picked up a Bullet Proof and Wildgame Inovations at walmart after season last year for under $50 - one came with batteries and SD card. Both take great photos, just like my 4 yrd old Moultrie.

You can (and should) change the way it looks with some camo duct tape, hot glue and tree bark; also change the way it attaches to trees.View attachment 8578View attachment 8579View attachment 8580
I see you do the bark method too excellent work how do hook it to the tree

I see you do the bark method too excellent work how do hook it to the tree
$5 box of smaller bungee cord from Menards (big box home store) and loop it right to the tree bark or a twig. I have toyed with the idea of bending a "hook" or cleat from old rusty wire so it could cling to the tree, but have so far, always been able to loop it right to the tree.

Don't have long. Sale ends in 30min.

https://m.****ssportinggoods.com/f/up-to-50-off-trail-cameras-flash-sale

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

I run Browning Strike Force and Comand ops so far so good. I put them up about 12 feet in the tree using HME easy aim camera mount.

Back