• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Trailblazer's Big boy bow.

trailblazer75

So I bit the bullet and bought a nice new bowtech. I went with the Revolt X80 because I've been pulling 76 lbs for a couple months on an old insanity. If you've ever shot the insanity you know that the draw cycle is pretty dang harsh.

The revolt is the exact opposite. Even in performance mode it feels like I'm drawing a heavy 70 lb bow but with a very manageable hump and a definite nice valley.

The IBO for this new bow is 340, so significantly slower than what I'm used to. BUT it is shooting my 530 grain arrow an average of 290FPS.

I went with a nock on elevate rest, quivalizer, MBG slider that I threw my 3 pin housing on.

The bow is VERY well balanced. Holding weight is absurdly nice and I feel no shock at the shot. It probably weight 6 lbs or more but I don't really notice it much.

Attachments

• X80.jpeg
    X80.jpeg
    320.6 KB · Views: 34
The new bowtechs shot great! Didn’t shoot the x80 because I’m not man enough haha I shot the 350 and for a speed bow it shot awesome!
Man honestly, I think the X80 and the SR350 were interchangeable for me. I just wanted 80 lbs cause I can. It doesn't feel like drawing 80 lbs to me. I am SURE you could draw it with ease.

I wanna try the Solution SD in the worst way! A 50 - 60 pounder.

It's not a "big boy bow". Those days are over for me... :confused2:

Back