• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tree stand Wingman

Tommy Eastham

i Love the concept of climbing spurs but coming down in the dark is a little spooky. Has anyone used this system to descend back to ground?

My friend has one he uses with his lonewolf climber. Neat idea and it works great.

My friend has one he uses with his lonewolf climber. Neat idea and it works great.

Yes it is, my 14 year old hunts a climber and before we always set up where I could see him. Now he gets a little more freedom because I not worried... as much:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought my dad something similar years ago. It was designed like a seat belt and lowered you down if a fall occurred. He never used it and I'm sure it is lost or thrown away.

He thinks I'm crazy for hunting out of a saddle. In the last 4-5 years, I finally convinced him to wear a safety harness. If it wasn't for my nephews hunting, I'm sure he would still be taking his chances without a safety harness.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I had one a couple years ago. Tried using with a RC harness moving tether up as I went. Used it to hang sticks to height and then hang my Millenium stand. Mine kept giving, I had to tie a knot in the tag end so I could get up the tree, then take knot out @ height to hunt. I used it on 3 hunts and that was enough for me, I felt that it made me less safe what with the fannagling I was doing. Since the manufacturer is real close to me, I took it back. He was a real nice guy, we talked for quite a while. It was not developed to be used with a RC harness. Gave me a full refund. I don't have an ax to grind, I'm hoping that his product hits it big, just not for me.

I was thinking of using my traditional tether and then switch bridge to tree stand Wingman for the decent. Any problems u see with that?

Check out the web page and videos. You can control your decent using one of your hands on the strap. I think you could use it in a saddle as a back up it would save you if your tether or bridge would fail. My friend uses a lonewolf climber and since he bought the Wingman he won't hunt without it.

I don't think so, but how are you going to retrieve everything?

That was my biggest question. It’s a heavier webbing. Depending on the bark on the tree I think I could possible shake it loose to drop to the ground. I will try on a tree and let u know what I think. But I agree with ur friend. It’s a great product.

Back