• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Treehopper drill and bolt packs - Show and tell

rakbowhunter

Just put an order in for a treehopper mini drill and some bolts. I tried to do a search but didn't really see what I am looking for, so let's see em!

Show me what's carrying your drill and bolts and where you keep it on your packs. Thanks

Got this vortex bino harness free with my binos. Easy stitched some ammo holders inside and they fit the bolts perfectly. Holds 18 bolts. Folding drill stays in the side pocket. I wear it to the tree and while climbing and then take it off for the hunt. Then back on for the climb down.

6d0bcfbd7589f13471f1c1014dcebfc4.jpg
015899628a2ace215d17152d62286a81.jpg
47d3f705edacb8b2e0254257aa2969d4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got this vortex bino harness free with my binos. Easy stitched some ammo holders inside and they fit the bolts perfectly. Holds 18 bolts. Folding drill stays in the side pocket. I wear it to the tree and while climbing and then take it off for the hunt. Then back on for the climb down.

Yeah, that's a pretty sweet setup. Might have to go look for a used bino case! Great idea

@tim_dawg22
That is one slick holder. I’m gonna have to copy that. Great job.... and lots better than my ideas.

Thanks! It didn’t come to me easily man I tried a bunch of different ways before I stumbled into this idea lol. This has worked very well for me and 18 bolts is normally plenty to get me to height and use 4 or 5 for a ring of bolts.

Yeah, that's a pretty sweet setup. Might have to go look for a used bino case! Great idea

Thanks man. I think you can get these vortex harnesses for $25 or so if you shop around.

@Squirrels (pretty sure that’s his handle) on here makes custom packs for the drill and bolts that are pretty slick too.

@BassBoysLLP came up with it originally I think. It's a molle cell pack from ebay. It works great and is like $8. I've been using bolts 100% this year, but I have a piLe of Cranford t''s and just find them quieter when wet, especially with rubber boots on. My bolts are rubber dipped for some traction and to quiet them down, so they squeak a little. The u channel on the t''s provides great gripp, especially in the snow.

That makes perfect sense. That was another question I had. What is everyone doing to improve their bolts? Plastic dip, rubber dip, bedliner...I will eventually invest in cf or titanium for mobile setups, but for presets that will be set em and forget em.

That makes perfect sense. That was another question I had. What is everyone doing to improve their bolts? Plastic dip, rubber dip, bedliner...I will eventually invest in cf or titanium for mobile setups, but for presets that will be set em and forget em.

For presets with regular grade 8 bolts, I don’t do anything to them. The rust spots add camouflage. I haven’t had problems with slipping or noise and I hunt in the rain a lot.
My carbon fiber bolts, I just added a small strip of reflective tape at the end for visibility

I can fit 18 bolts and a drill in my eberlestock accessory pouch that I have attached to my saddle. I also put grip tape and reflective tape on the bolts so I can see them in the dark easy
8dcd242b9304397c27215a525e71350d.jpg
84378f14bf3730dd3fb1fa857c94c688.jpg

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Squirrels makes some very fine bolt holders. I have two different ones that he makes and can't recommend them enough.

I had contacted him about the bolt holders. I know his craftsmanship is amazing, but I think I am looking for more of a pouch style versus a roll out holder. Something I can keep clipped or lashed onto my pack.

Dude, that's the best idea I've seen yet!

Back