• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

TrophyLine, How do I make this thing comfy?!

splatek

Man, I love the TL tree saddle. It's a little heavier, but feels sturdier than the other ones I have seen. I also have a JX3 which has ruined me for comfort, but I was wondering how in the world do I make this thing comfortable for an all day sit, or longer sit than 2-3 hours. I try adjusting the bridge length as per @Nutterbuster various vids, but I either get hip pinch, or the leg straps crush my nads, but it never seems like the bottom webbing ever engages.

Any thoughts, advice, etc are greatly appreciated!
I am almost thinking about just going back to the Sitdrag and adding a second panel a la Method saddle style, but I would rather hunt during my free time than DIY...

Thanks in advance!

I think the major design fault for the TL saddle is how the bridge is attached. A lot of the comfort associated with the Aero hunter, Tetherd, Cruz is the way the loops are attached to the saddle to form the bridge. On the TL the bridge is attached to the top strap of the saddle, and many folks experience the issues you are having. With the other manufacturers, the loops are on the top and bottom of the saddle and allow for more distribution of pressure points. The 2 panel saddles are even better at this.
To address your specific question, i found that putting the tree tether about sternum or stomach heigh greatly increases the comfort on the TL saddle. It doesn't get rid of it completely, but it is a heck of a lot more tolerable for longer. I also use the bridge as a doubled bridge (both straps are connected to the tree tether to form a 24" bridge).

Man, I love the TL tree saddle. It's a little heavier, but feels sturdier than the other ones I have seen. I also have a JX3 which has ruined me for comfort, but I was wondering how in the world do I make this thing comfortable for an all day sit, or longer sit than 2-3 hours. I try adjusting the bridge length as per @Nutterbuster various vids, but I either get hip pinch, or the leg straps crush my nads, but it never seems like the bottom webbing ever engages.

I am almost thinking about just going back to the Sitdrag and adding a second panel a la Method saddle style, but I would rather hunt during my free time than DIY...

Thanks in advance!
Cut your nads off..
sorry. I couldn't help my self.

Thanks in advance!
Sell it and get a Cruzr XC. Best way that I found.

I am attempting an adjustable rope bridge after a not-so-comfortable 4+ hour sit. I have found that a lower tether made things more tolerable.

I found by not using the standard tether and using a adjustable tether in bridge loops works a whole lot better and more comfortable

Get you a fleece diy saddle to run on the outside of it. Transfer the load into the fleece while maintaining a tight bridge on your trophyline. It works I’ve done it.

I am attempting an adjustable rope bridge after a not-so-comfortable 4+ hour sit. I have found that a lower tether made things more tolerable.

So something like that on the new method saddle or the tethrd phantom? I try to adjust my tether, my issue is I can find a spot that ok for a short time, but then I have to move it and I am not trying to move around the tree while hunting. Thanks. Pleas keep me posted on what you work up. I might be doing something similar.

I found by not using the standard tether and using a adjustable tether in bridge loops works a whole lot better and more comfortable

Do you mean an adjustable bridge in the linemans loops, am I translating that correctly?

Get you a fleece diy saddle to run on the outside of it. Transfer the load into the fleece while maintaining a tight bridge on your trophyline. It works I’ve done it.

Do you think I could do this with my Sit drag? I don't need too much fleece down here in GA. I mean it gets cold here and there, but nothing what some of those northern boys hunt in.

Thanks for all the responses. I am still tinkering.

So something like that on the new method saddle or the tethrd phantom? I try to adjust my tether, my issue is I can find a spot that ok for a short time, but then I have to move it and I am not trying to move around the tree while hunting. Thanks. Pleas keep me posted on what you work up. I might be doing something similar.

Do you mean an adjustable bridge in the linemans loops, am I translating that correctly?

Do you think I could do this with my Sit drag? I don't need too much fleece down here in GA. I mean it gets cold here and there, but nothing what some of those northern boys hunt in.

Thanks for all the responses. I am still tinkering.

[r] You could but it would not be near as comfortable. It should transfer some of the weight nicely though. Fleece throw can be had at wally world for $5. The fleece is for comfort not for warmth. I am in Alabama and it didn't kill me wearing it.

[r] You could but it would not be near as comfortable. It should transfer some of the weight nicely though. Fleece throw can be had at wally world for $5. The fleece is for comfort not for warmth. I am in Alabama and it didn't kill me wearing it.

OK. I am going to have to think about how to make this work... likely I am overthinking, that's common. Thanks again man!

Yes on my post above. Did webbing with a tri glide and amsteel with double prussics

Yes on my post above. Did webbing with a tri glide and amsteel with double prussics

I am going to try something like this. Been playing around in the yard and hanging the bridge from the lineman's loops is much more comfortable so far. The test will be whether that comfort holds up during longer sits, like with the RUT coming up. THanks!

JX3 is like mechanical broadheads... hunt coming up bows not shooting quite straight and the saddles still not working.... screw on the Spitfires and grab the JX3.

Any advantage to wearing outside opposed to inside?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if something like that H2 triad system bridge would increase comfort when attached to the lineman belt loops? Seems like that might be an easy(ish) fix. I also added on my sitdrag as a back band, but left the webbing long enough that if necessary, I could swing underneath me for a change in support. Haven't used in field for extended time period yet, will report back after I do.

Did some modifications:

I added a rope bridge at the lineman loops and DIY-ed a sitdrag into a back band and it's like a new saddle. I sat yesterday for a few hours and no hip pinch, nothing. Why didn't they just engineer it this way.

Thanks again for all the tips and hints!

I bought a trophy line saddle earlier this year, spent a little time with it, and could never get it to be comfortable for me. I really didn't give it a chance, but I've heard there are more comfortable saddles out there. I simply started using a full harness that has a waist belt attached and lineman's loops on it, along with another lineman's loop equipt strap that came from cutting the leg loops and chest straps off another harness, with carabiners tying them together as a saddle... it looks kind of like a recon saddle but with just a strap under my butt and a strap across my butt. I've had six of these style harnesses throughout the years buying stands brand new, and never used them... I have found that with a short bridge, the stress is going to be pulling your hips together... With an adjustable bridge, and longer you can get the stress to pull more towards forward of you and less stress on your hips. You can pretty much adjust that bottom strap wherever you want to to be comfortable rather than be restricted to the straps being sewn together.

Last edited:
Back