• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Trophyline saddle is actually perfect for repelling??

Hardly_Hangin

Prior to today, I disliked the double webbed bridge featured on the Trophyline saddles - However, whilst playing in the yard as we do, I discovered they are PERFECT for repelling!

I hooked into my friction hitch on my top strap, and tied a super munters hitch onto a second biner and hooked into the bottom strap.

Now my distel acts as an auto block, and the munters as my belay device. I never have to transition from my tethered hunting setup to my repel setup, just tie my munters hook in and drop it like its hot.

This is especially great because the straps can be different lengths, allowing a shorter repelling bridge as opposed to a longer hunting bridge. I can inch my way down the tree for controlled descent by holding the tag end of the munters and sliding down the distel.

Attachments

• Resized_20200709_192501.jpeg
    Resized_20200709_192501.jpeg
    284.6 KB · Views: 52
Back