• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tru Ball release

Bigfoot522

I have used a wrist release all of my compound bow years.
I just started shooting some compound again and wanted to try the hand held ones.
I got hold of a True Fire 4 finger double caliper and immediately liked it.
If it was my only release I would be just fine.
It works very well.
I decided to see about finding a better one that was not too expensive compared to wrist releases.
After viewing a couple hour of youtube I decided to try the TRex from TruBall.
I always was a TruBall guy, loved my Tornado back in the day.
The best price out there is amazon from Webb Archery. $99.
I just have to say that the TRex is a great release, no regrets. Getting a second one for back up.
If you prefer 3 finger the Rave is the same release.
As you can see, would recommend to a friend! Screenshot_20230723-090345_Gallery.jpg

I am also a TruBall fan as well. I have owned several over the years and still own a couple. They are comfortable and sit in the hand well. The trigger is crisp and breaks without much effort.

Great timing. I’ve been looking at the Rave to replace my decade old Scott caliper wrist release. I’ve been hesitant to try a handheld bc I’m so accustomed to the weight being on my wrist and not in my hand.

Great timing. I’ve been looking at the Rave to replace my decade old Scott caliper wrist release. I’ve been hesitant to try a handheld bc I’m so accustomed to the weight being on my wrist and not in my hand.

Been shooting cheap True Ball wrist releases for a long time with no complaint.

Been shooting cheap True Ball wrist releases for a long time with no complaint.
The release I referenced in regards to the original post is actually a handheld to replace my wrist release. Regardless, glad to hear Tru Ball has a loyal following!

Drawing can be done easier with your arm muscles vs. finger/hand muscles. I've never been a fan of the finger releases, but some guys shoot very well with them. :) I have a Bone Collector Series T.R.U. Ball wrist release, called the Scout and I'm on my second one. They have served me well, for many years. :cool: The drawing and holding with my arm/wrist, allows me to have a better feel for the trigger with my index finger.

I have used a wrist release all of my compound bow years.
I just started shooting some compound again and wanted to try the hand held ones.
I got hold of a True Fire 4 finger double caliper and immediately liked it.
If it was my only release I would be just fine.
It works very well.
I decided to see about finding a better one that was not too expensive compared to wrist releases.
After viewing a couple hour of youtube I decided to try the TRex from TruBall.
I always was a TruBall guy, loved my Tornado back in the day.
The best price out there is amazon from Webb Archery. $99.
I just have to say that the TRex is a great release, no regrets. Getting a second one for back up.
If you prefer 3 finger the Rave is the same release.
As you can see, would recommend to a friend! View attachment 87607
I've got a caliper version of that release. I like it, except for one thing. The sear, or whatever, in the internal mechanism, clicks right before it releases. I'm hesitant to take it apart to see what's happening, maybe I just need to polish a burr or something. But the click is inducing a flinch that I can't seem to overcome. Since it's clicking right by my ear. I'm not getting that with my cheap wrist releases.

I am not sure which release that might be.
Maybe Pro max.
I haven't noticed any click with the T Rex.
It doesn't have a cocking mechanism per say.
You just squeeze the jaws shut.

Back