• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

TX5 LONESTAR 2.0

Daren Russell

SH Member
Curious if anyone got one yet & how they like it. I placed a order for one with stretch panel over the 4th of July weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In for results. Also would like to know what the people who upgraded from the original think.

Looks sweet. One of my issues with the original was the bend in the kydex and I just wasn't sure that was never going to warp or show some memory to it. They appear to have addressed that by moving it back.
On most of my saddle orders I sent them the bridge I wanted... and I've done that with Matt. I've also had their pouch people do pouches with additional pockets and custom material/pattern. I can't say enough about how great they are to work with.

Last edited:
If I didn't explain that well I'm referring to the kydex, or whatever it is, would cup/flex when it was out on the extreme ends... depending on fit. It didn't cause me any discomfort, it just seemed a bit unnatural or not something I was used to and I didn't trust the longevity of it.

I just got the tx5 lonestar 2.0 all I can say is it’s probably one of the best saddles on the market if not the best. Very comfortable with the xpd panel you won’t go wrong with a tx5 2.0

In what ways is it best? What are your comparisons?

If I didn't explain that well I'm referring to the kydex, or whatever it is, would cup/flex when it was out on the extreme ends... depending on fit. It didn't cause me any discomfort, it just seemed a bit unnatural or not something I was used to and I didn't trust the longevity of it.

I had the same thoughts on the o g lonestar. I think them moving it back will be money

You could had just put thicker firmer kydex or carbon fiber in there. But yes moving the HPR back and having the webbing support it from the bridge loops prevents that from happening.

Well in my mind it’s the best for what I like sorry that was unclear as far as reference if you need it I work in the tree industry every day and have used loads of saddles and other equipment related to saddle hunting so that’s my comparison.

I don't need a resume. Was just wondering what specifically it is that you like about this saddle compared to others you've used.

I went with the stretch panel this time around to try something different, Hopefully it pans out

I went with the stretch panel this time around to try something different, Hopefully it pans out

Seems like quite a few members that have tried them both (1.0 variants) preferred the stretch. I've only sat in the XPD pleated one.

I found it quite comfortable, but it seemed like the contour is oriented more towards sitting when expanded. I lean quite a bit, and found the Aerohunter Kestrel Flex suited leaning a bit better while also being nice for sitting.

I'd love to try the stretch to see what it's like.

Last edited:
No floppy pleat to deal with when walking and the stretch material almost feels like spacer mesh so it’s kinda padded while giving you a little expansion when sitting.

@enkriss, Thanks. From your posts, it seems like your preference is leaning, which has been my primary. Although I've sat more with the .5 than I anticipated.

I don't ever wear my saddle in, so that's unimportant to me.

I hope I get around to trying the 2.0 (or 3.0) but I'll probably have to wear out my current inventory to do so.

Compared to the Orion? Your thoughts?

@enkriss, Thanks. From your posts, it seems like your preference is leaning, which has been my primary. Although I've sat more with the .5 than I anticipated.

I don't ever wear my saddle in, so that's unimportant to me.

I hope I get around to trying the 2.0 (or 3.0) but I'll probably have to wear out my current inventory to do so.

Compared to the Orion? Your thoughts?

I think the Orion could benefit from some kind of hpr type of thing. I do feel less hip pinch in the Lonestar 2.0 than the Orion. I see some of the collapsing of material between the bridge loops that the hpr remedies. The Orion is still a great saddle and Jamie’s stitching and overall quality is second to none.

No floppy pleat to deal with when walking and the stretch material almost feels like spacer mesh so it’s kinda padded while giving you a little expansion when sitting.
Agreed. I think it’s one of the best versions of an expanding seat!

I don't need a resume. Was just wondering what specifically it is that you like about this saddle compared to others you've used.
I don’t know if it’s just me, but it seems like you try to stir the pot! If someone has an opinion you seem to always question it. Some people just post their opinions based on their experiences. If you have more knowledge of certain products then just tell them let them decide. Just like everything on here, it’s all personal preference. Don’t think he was giving a resume but the reason he could justify his comment. IMO

Back