• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

TX5 Rayder

Vthokee

I took advantage of the Memorial Day sale online at TX5 and ordered a Rayder. Currently have a Tethrd Menace but want to try something different this year. I’m also going to be giving one sticking a shot this year as well instead of the multiple sticks/platform I’ve been using.
How do y’all like the TX5 saddles compared to the Tethrd?

I don’t think there is much of a comparison between anything Matthew makes with Tethrd. And I’m not saying Terhrd is junk or mean them any ill. But TX5 is at the top of a very saturated saddle market. There are others that may come close, but you got the best. I have a Lonestar and a Minimalist 2.0.
If you’re giving 1-sticking a go, you really should think about his KYSS pouch. Absolutely perfect for rappel rope.

I don’t think there is much of a comparison between anything Matthew makes with Tethrd. And I’m not saying Terhrd is junk or mean them any ill. But TX5 is at the top of a very saturated saddle market. There are others that may come close, but you got the best. I have a Lonestar and a Minimalist 2.0.
If you’re giving 1-sticking a go, you really should think about his KYSS pouch. Absolutely perfect for rappel rope.
How u like the 2.0?do u find the leg straps fussy in any way? They have been my biggest hesitation on the minmalist

How u like the 2.0?do u find the leg straps fussy in any way? They have been my biggest hesitation on the minmalist

I was extremely blessed to win this one in a raffle several weeks ago. Haven’t had it in a tree yet. The leg strap system is different for sure. However, it fits the purpose of being able to walk in wearing the saddle like a belt. You don’t know it’s there. But all the comfort and quality is what you expect.
I do love the mini cobra buckles on my Lonestar. They offer G hooks as well, maybe he could sew you some on a minimalist in lieu of the removable straps. It’s different, but I see it being zero issue for me. I plan to use it early season and as a spare in my pack whenever I hit the road. It fits in a minimalist pouch which is nuts.

Back