• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

TX5 Saddle by Matthew Tompkins

SETXsportsman6

* I am in no way affiliated w/ the maker of this product*

Got to try out a TX5 saddle by Matthew Tompkins yesterday afternoon ( @setxhunter ). Matthew lives close by and after talking a few days with him he swung by the house on his way to work. I had spent the previous 2 hours in my mantis in the back yard working on trying to find a "sweet spot" for comfort. When Matthew showed up I put on the saddle he had with him and sat back in it and immediately it was night and day difference for comfort. We compared the two saddles back and forth and discussed different features of his, the different things he could do on one and his reccomendations. I don't have much seat time in a saddle at all, but I do know that comparing comfort between the mantis and the TX5 I sat in, Matthews saddle was by far superior. I'm not knocking the Mantis by any means, it's definitely a quality product and probably for a lot of guys the saddle is perfect for them and most likely it will still have it's uses for me in the future. However me being a big fella, I tend to lean a little more towards comfort over ultra light weight (probably the mantis wasn't the best choice for me originally). The pleated mesh seat (or cordura, fleece, whatever you want) from Matthew was crazy comfortable right away. Add that with the back band and I felt like I was in a lazy boy a foot off the ground in the back yard. If y'all haven't heard of him and are in the market for a new saddle, check his stuff out. He can do probably just about anything you want, from different seat materials, to buckle options, pleats, lineman loops, molle configurations, bridge materials(fixed or adjustable), etc. He also does oplux ropes with distel hitches, tenders, and the like among other things.
2dea1db7baf196f96bd9fe3433fed630.jpg
1fdc43e65dd507503370daf348ed8104.jpg
ee0ac5e1c254ed958745d5d80d700139.jpg
b5af4b88bb4d9e5a25f64757a13461d7.jpg
8aefe41558b4627adf42372c9169d72c.jpg
298d94c26df7eed5c5aba13b8e8ccc9e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Nice to see he switched his stitch pattern after basically calling me an idiot on Facebook!

Nice to see he switched his stitch pattern after basically calling me an idiot on Facebook!

I never called you an idiot sir. I believe you need to read his post more thoroughly though before babbling off nonsense. My name is Matthew Tompkins and if you go back to the FB post you are referring to where you were basically called an idiot you will see that you are trying to make the wrong person look incompetent. Have a nice day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those elastic bands in the flex pleat look weirdly familiar . Lol looks like a well built saddle. Nice work

Not my idea. A few guys have wanted them added in. They said they saw it on the forum and I guess you’re the guy that did it excellent idea bud!

Oh right on, i got a former coworker that lives over in that area, deweyville if youre familiar with the area is the last name. Its been a while since i talked to him.

I was raised in Deweyville! I moved about 10 minutes down the road to get away from the floods lol. What’s your friends name?

Linscomb is the last name. He worked for our company when i satr ted, him and his dad

Back