• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Types of carabiner preferred for bridge

drew

Just curious as to what the majority are using for bridge to tether carabiner. I assume everyone is using a locking biner, but Im wonder shape and size.
Pear, asymmetric D, Oval, D,? and what size - large belay/rappel or a small

I prefer a pear for my bridge, tends to have more surface area and Less snag potential. Also more room to work with one hand, especially with gloves. I use a webbing bridge. I can see an oval or d working great for a rope bridge. Just make sure you use a locking one, screen down so you dont screw up, and have the gate towards you!

5029299-BK007.jpg

I use a couple of

BLACK DIAMOND MAGNETRON ROCKLOCK CARABINER

I use a pear shaped biner as well. I like having a hand hold and when setting my last step sometimes I will go ahead and attach my tether and use the biner as something to pull on.

Is
Petzl Attaché for me on bridge and lineman belt. I like my biners on the small side and this one is the smallest I think I could do comfortably.
Also a key lock style, so no notch to get things stuck in when ssliding things on and out of the biner which is nice.

I use a pear shaped biner as well. I like having a hand hold and when setting my last step sometimes I will go ahead and attach my tether and use the biner as something to pull on.
I just started a thread on getting onto the last step.... I always feel a little "iffy" just grabbing the tree. I will have to try that.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Back