• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ultimate Platform On Beast Mini Stick

I have a U.P. on a Muddy Pro and I love it!

Add 3 or 4 of your favorite steps and you can get around the tree without any acrobatics...

Has anyone tried an Ultimate Platform on a Beast Mini stick?
Might be a good option to use on my forth stick and do away with my Platform.

you will have to get an ewo standoff for the bottom of the stick

^^^ Right.
I ran my stock Muddy standoff most of the spring and summer til I ordered EWOs ...

I am back and forth on putting an UP on my 4th beast. Glad this thread popped up and @enkriss said something about the bottom standoff. I would not have ordered that to go along with the UP. Didn't want to spend anymore money for this season but here we go

I am back and forth on putting an UP on my 4th beast. Glad this thread popped up and @enkriss said something about the bottom standoff. I would not have ordered that to go along with the UP. Didn't want to spend anymore money for this season but here we go
Did you order?
Let me know how things fit and worked out.

@Hall17 , a flat Scout on top of a stick is pretty sweet!
I have one and a U.P. and I really like both.
You can get a Scout easier and cheaper...

I have a flat scout, but just pulled the trigger on the UP this morning (and a couple squirrel steps). I just really like supporting the EWO Foundation.

But seriously, getting to try out the UP at our local meetup…I was very impressed with it. Rock solid and a great blend of the flat and slanted options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I installed one on a regular beast stick yesterday. Had to sand the black grip paint out of the channel to get it on the beast stick. Also replaced the lower standoff with the EWO Version.

I installed one on a regular beast stick yesterday. Had to sand the black grip paint out of the channel to get it on the beast stick. Also replaced the lower standoff with the EWO Version.
How do you think you are going to like it?
I think it's be nice to set my forth stick and be done and not have to take the extra time to set a platform. Most of my hunts are under 5 hours.

How do you think you are going to like it?
I think it's be nice to set my forth stick and be done and not have to take the extra time to set a platform. Most of my hunts are under 5 hours.
I am still evaluating it. So far, I have only put it on a tree to test. The build quality is excellent as with most things I have bought from EWO and OOAL. My goal has been to reduce components and minimize what has to be carried and installed at height. Although I have a few platforms, I don't really like carrying multiple pieces to hang - if I can avoid it. I have been one-sticking, and was hoping this platform would give me the proper balance of size, weight and simplicity. I also have a straight scout on a beast stick and an angled scout on a helium stick. All work well, but like most of us, we continue to search for the perfect setup. I think UP is getting me closer to my ideal setup. The platforms have their place, but the platform on the stick to me is a good minimalist solution. As for the UP, I think it will be my go to for now. It is a bit heavier than I expected, but with size comes some additional weight. It is lighter than carrying a separate platform. I think I will like it, but I will weigh in after I get a few hunts on it.

If I was using four sticks, I would want the top stick to have an integrated platform like the UP. I would not want to carry a separate platform.

I am still evaluating it. So far, I have only put it on a tree to test. The build quality is excellent as with most things I have bought from EWO and OOAL. My goal has been to reduce components and minimize what has to be carried and installed at height. Although I have a few platforms, I don't really like carrying multiple pieces to hang - if I can avoid it. I have been one-sticking, and was hoping this platform would give me the proper balance of size, weight and simplicity. I also have a straight scout on a beast stick and an angled scout on a helium stick. All work well, but like most of us, we continue to search for the perfect setup. I think UP is getting me closer to my ideal setup. The platforms have their place, but the platform on the stick to me is a good minimalist solution. As for the UP, I think it will be my go to for now. It is a bit heavier than I expected, but with size comes some additional weight. It is lighter than carrying a separate platform. I think I will like it, but I will weigh in after I get a few hunts on it.

If I was using four sticks, I would want the top stick to have an integrated platform like the UP. I would not want to carry a separate platform.
Thank you for the feedback and I also think it The UP would work well on my forth stick.

Back