• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Upgrading your climbing spurs

The first thing I did when I got my climb right aluminum spurs was figure out how to replace the leather/rubberized straps with webbing and QR buckles like in the slinging arrows or G2 outdoors vid. Without even climbing in them, I decided to switch back. It just doesn’t seem secure with plastic buckles. These might change my mind, though. Did you leave the ring on the foot eyelet? I wrapped Velcro band around it to silence it, cause I didn’t like the new strap angle without it (just didn’t seem consistent with original design).

Back