• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

climbing method

1. VFL

Cruzr XC - how to carry climbing sticks up the tree

Hi all, I’ve been hunting out of my Phantom saddle for three years now and have a good system getting up a tree. I run Tethrd One sticks and have two loops of paracord tied to my Phantom on each hip to carry my sticks up. I’m wondering how everyone carries their sticks up in a Cruzr XC (molle...
  2. Jtaylor

Sladder $175 TYD (SOLD)

8 ft. version. I paid $227 with shipping and taxes, it's been on the tree about 6 times. Has a little dirt from tree bark on the attachment areas. I can take pics if necessary but I forgot earlier and already have it boxed up and taped. Paypal f&f.
  3. T

What would make the best One-Stick?

Hi all, I am in the very early stages but working on building a new one-stick to hopefully take into production before next season. Obviously there are some excellent options out there but what features and specs would you like to see in a one-stick that isn't currently offered? Open to any...
  4. S

Wild Edge Steps - Please Close

6 Wild Edge steps in an 8-step bag. I bought them new 2 seasons ago and used them a handful of times. Going to give some sticks a try this season. $110 TYD
  5. D

Sell me on an alternative climbing stick to my 30” Hawk Heliums

I’m currently using a set of 30” hawk helium sticks. While they get the job done, they are somewhat of a pain to carry around (carrying by hand, so I probably should invest in a better pack sooner than later). However, I’d like to get some suggestions on a better climbing stick, that doesn’t...
  6. BeardedHunter

Shikar Double Versa Aiders

Are there any how to videos on how to use the DVA for shikars? I ordered some for my shikar 17s and I saw Greg Staggs video about them but I think maybe I got the wrong ones? Or I’m doing something wrong? I have to reach A LOT to get to the bottom knob with my versa button at my nose (I’m 6’2”)...
  7. R

Klein tree gaffs brand new!! Please Close

Brand new never use started using steps more got quicker and more effective so no use in using these will let go for $175 you pay shipping
  8. Jtaylor

JRB Climbing method

So I'm not sure if he's a forum member but I stumbled across this a couple weeks ago in a quest to be fully tied off and as safe as possible getting up the tree. Anyone have any comments/concerns? Apologies if this has already been discussed and posted...
  9. Bertfogle

Climbing Methods

Hey y’all so I am deciding to purchase my first saddle I have used climbing stands and ladder stands but I’ve never had a hang on stand. So I have watched tons of saddle hunting setups and I am not really sure which is the best route for me to go whether I should buy a set of sticks with a...
  10. Eckert_Hunter18

Oplux rope vs htp or predator

I was looking at changing my current rope system to the oplux rope, due to less bulk and lightweight. Before I go an pull the trigger does anyone have a picture of the oplux rope next to htp, predator or tethrd rope they offer as well. Really want to see a size comparison before I make the change.
  11. Prill87

SOLD PLEASE CLOSE

6 Wild Edge Steps + Knaider/Swaider Used on 2 hunts and some practice in the back yard. PayPal $150 TYD. I have almost $180 into it
  12. J

4 Muddy Pro Sticks

I have a full set of Muddy Pro Sticks that were only used once. They are painted camo, have heat shrink on the step ends, and longer static ropes installed. I still have the original ropes if wanted. 150 shipped to the lower 48 or best offer. PayPal preferred. I can post additional pictures...
  13. mn_booner

WE Stepps, big feet, give up or keep trying?

Hey Guys, I have 12 WE stepps and the WE aider that I have been trying to use as my climbing method and platform for saddle hunting. I am big guy, 6'4" 250lbs and size 14 feet. The WE stepps seem really slick as far as weight and packability go, but I am struggling with efficiently climbing...
  14. Outdoorguy86

Blue Water 7/16 Static Rope (black)

Selling some extra rope I’ve had stored. Never used, kept in temp controlled basement. I had 300’, but just started using 75’ of it for SRT this year, works great. I am selling the remainder of rope, roughly 225’. I am willing to sell 100’ sections, or the rope as a whole. Will sell 100’ for $80...
  15. H

Upgrading your climbing spurs

https://fhfgear.com/collections/hunting/products/auto-lock-buckle-1 The best buckles I have found yet!
  16. A

Climbing Method for a new Saddle Hunter

Hi All, This is my first season in the saddle, and I'm slowly getting accustomed to it. I currently have 5 WE Stepps and use an aider. I'm not a huge fan, and am considering switching to sticks and selling my Stepps. Has anyone used both, and recommend one over the other? Thanks!
  17. C&Doutdoors

Pole gaffs

I bought a pair of climbing spurs that comes with pole gaffs. Was wondering do pole gaffs work or will I need to get tree ones. I hunt in ohio so lots of oak trees but nothing crazy big 10 to 15 in wide is most of my trees. I've heard good and bad about both, but comfortable and functionality is...
  18. Dmeckert18

Wts NEW lonewolf sticks

Brand new 4 lonewolf sticks all still in box. I bought 2 boxes on a deal only need 1 so going to sell the other. Asking $120
  19. S

Looking for modded hawk Heliums or wild edge steps!!!

Need a light weight climbing method, I am new to saddle hunting any tips or gear would help! Thank you!
  20. Dmeckert18

Wtb a ropeman 1

Looking for a ropeman 1 or 2
Back