• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Using the Speedy Stitcher...

ctbreitwieser

I bought a speedy stitcher before this past season and used it to sew on a belt and MOLLE loops to my sit drag. Loved how easy it was, but after season I noticed all of my knots were coming untied. I finished all of my stitches with square knots, followed by a backup overhand knot. All of them came untied. I'm wondering what you guys are doing to keep your ends tied up after stitching.

I always put a drop of super glue on them seems to work great just make sure the material you are using can hold up to it! Some things react badly to super glue!

I always put a drop of super glue on them seems to work great just make sure the material you are using can hold up to it! Some things react badly to super glue!

When I was in Afghanistan my left flight glove was getting frayed from my wedding ring. I put some superglue on the frayed aramid fibers and it started producing some kind of smoke / steam / something...freaked me out.

Works well on normal fibers (organic) though.

I always melt the tag ends with a lighter, then kinda lightly run it over the knot real quick to “melt” it. I wouldn’t do this to any type of important weight bearing stitches, just in case it compromises the knot or thread, but I’ve always had really good luck doing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always melt the tag ends with a lighter, then kinda lightly run it over the knot real quick to “melt” it. I wouldn’t do this to any type of important weight bearing stitches, just in case it compromises the knot or thread, but I’ve always had really good luck doing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do the same thing. But like you said nothing weight bearing.

That's great guys, thanks! Never even thought about the super glue. I'll definitely be adding that to all of my stitches for now on.

That's great guys, thanks! Never even thought about the super glue. I'll definitely be adding that to all of my stitches for now on.

As a fly tier superglue is used all the time to keep the head of a fishing fly together, the flies take a beating from the casting, hitting things, and they get used in saltwater fishing and I very rarely ever had one come apart

there is all kinds of super glue on the market these days you will have to check them out and see which form works best for your application
we use a lot of gel superglue or for your application a penetrating type of super glue might be more effective

the original super glue worked best for forces pulling straight and not for shearing types of applications
but today I think they make different types for different applications involving some form of torque, something you will have to check out

super glue is worth checking out

Back