• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Versa Aider?

Cgpro21

Who has first hand experience with the versa aider from backwoods mobile gear? Any info is appreciated. Thanks

I am not an aider guy. I never liked them, don't feel safe to me. Having said that, I bought a Versa Aider to try and I'm pleasantly surprised. I have not climbed a lot with it, but I am going to give it an honest shot.

I'm not either but the cable aider from eastern woods and the versa aider have my attention. Thanks for the reply.

I'm not either but the cable aider from eastern woods and the versa aider have my attention. Thanks for the reply.

I have the cable aiders and love them but the versa aider has me thinking. I think I could just as high with less weight and easier packing. The cable aider may be easier to use though. I may test it out to compare.

Just tried mine this morning. It is legit, works as described. I will get about 18” per stick out of it.
Very happy

I just got a versa aider a few weeks back....and I'm sold on it. Way easier to use than what i thought it would be! Just a quick run up the tree using 2 shikar steps (20") got me 11'4".

Mine should arrive today. Im ready to give it at try and see how it preforms.

I have three full length lone wolf sticks. I stealth stripped them, put double steps on top/bottom and added 22” cable aiders. I’m getting 18.5’ with three sticks. It’s a pretty sweet set up. They aren’t bad to pack and carry either.

I am going to get a versa aider and see how it compares.

Gave it a few test climbs in the back yard. So far i am impressed with how easy it is to use and got about 12ft with 2 full size beast sticks. Time will tell but its looking good.

oh that might be the worth looking into, with 1sticking i could pull my leg up and hook up, and not have to worry about fishing my foot through the loop of the single step aider.

I just received my Versa Aider last Friday and I am extremely impressed. I have yet to find such an easy, effective, lightweight aider. 10/10, would highly recommend. I love how the amsteel loop frees itself from the Versa Button. I found that I am around 12 feet with two full length Hawk Helium sticks.

Does anyone know if the same versa aider will work for lwcg full length and mini sticks or will two different one’s be neccessary?

Does anyone know if the same versa aider will work for lwcg full length and mini sticks or will two different one’s be neccessary?

You would need different ones. You can measure from the button to top of bottom step.

You can buy the longer one and ranger wrap a biner and use it with the shorter.

You'd need 2 diff ones but you may could reach out to mike and see if he could make you an adjustable one

Back