• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Watch your Paypal account!

Recurveaholic

Just tried to use my PayPal and there was a charge on there that wasn't from me or any of my family so just be careful this is the reason I hate PayPal!!!

I’ve brought it up before but PayPal sucks! We got hacked & I lost roughly $800 & as crazy as that is was only able to recover about 1/2 of it.......

I’ve brought it up before but PayPal sucks! We got hacked & I lost roughly $800 & as crazy as that is was only able to recover about 1/2 of it.......
Yep this is the second time this has happened to me and it is ridiculous! I was just using money orders but nobody really liked accepting them so I had to get PayPal but I don't like it at all!!!!!

Simple passwords are your enemy. Make complex passwords and more importantly have a complex password for your email that the paypal is linked to and definitely have separate passwords for email and paypal. Your email getting hacked often happens first, then they can go to paypal and click forgot password and reset it

Also helps to enable two-factor authentication. Requires you to enter a code that is texted to your mobile phone (or face authentication on the phone app) before you can login to the account.

Just wait until you have to start disputing charges....
I have had to file two claims with PayPal in the last 3 months over sellers (actual businesses) not shipping paid for product and not responding to inquires about my my orders. My money was refunded both times. Not the same as getting hacked by any means but they took care of me.

I have had to file two claims with PayPal in the last 3 months over sellers (actual businesses) not shipping paid for product and not responding to inquires about my my orders. My money was refunded both times. Not the same as getting hacked by any means but they took care of me.
I’ll admit mine was a unique situation, I had hundreds of small transactions in the same amount & they said I had to file for a credit on each one..... in the meantime my bank flagged it & stopped all incoming & outgoing transaction labeled PayPal . Then to make matters worse on PayPals side they showed that they had over credited by $400 ( I never received, but in all fairness my account statement that month was 20plus pages long & I would’ve needed a forensic account to balance it) PayPal tried to handle it but it was too complex for every agent I spoke (with that’s another thing , takes forever to get a live agent on the phone)

Also helps to enable two-factor authentication. Requires you to enter a code that is texted to your mobile phone (or face authentication on the phone app) before you can login to the account.
I have that and was not notified that is why I am pissed!!!!

The same here and now fighting with one because it was sent out with no way to fasten it to your feet securely. hey sent out a video hen said they didn't send the hooks showen in the video with there product. trying to return them now. Have never had a problem with paypal with purchases or returns, just some of there stores, and shipping.

Back