• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Watering Your Deer

Aeds151

It hasent rained in almost 2 months and its abnormally tough out with these 115 heat indexes. My brassica, rape, alfalfa, clover and rye have long since turned brown along with my lawn/garden and the Mega Giant Pumpkins it contained. Every thing from the bachelor buck groups, coyotes, hawks, doves, crows, vultures, rabbits and every blue and red bird has shown up out the kitchen window to get a drink that no longer exists. Is there any tips and tricks to creating a water hole/tank to improve summer habitat on my 1 acre parcel? I have been told to just burry a cheap kiddie pool or a large tote. Will they use this buried or not buried?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used an old piece of rubber roofing at the bottom of a hill. Hasn't went dry in the 5 years its been there.

Anytime you want to increase your deer numbers.....start with the one thing that is least available. Whether that be cover, food, water.....doesn't matter.

Funny you posted this. I did about 45 minutes with my neck out of the hot tub last year and have great footage of about 9 does within 10-15 yards of me in the tub. I was able to come up and get set but its hard to draw back on knees with demished gravity or something. My cams rolled and hit side wall and they spooked. I was about over heated anyway. One trick, see them coming in time to turn on the jets. They cant hear you in there at all and seem to be conditioned to the hum.

Funny you posted this. I did about 45 minutes with my neck out of the hot tub last year and have great footage of about 9 does within 10-15 yards of me in the tub. I was able to come up and get set but its hard to draw back on knees with demished gravity or something. My cams rolled and hit side wall and they spooked. I was about over heated anyway. One trick, see them coming in time to turn on the jets. They cant hear you in there at all and seem to be conditioned to the hum.

Peg a deer from a hot tub and that's a whole new level of classy.

I'd be afraid of creating mosquito breeding grounds that close to my home.

Cut a 55 gal poly barrel in half and burried it. They love it. Thanks guys. Welcome to Droubtlife

Back