• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

WE vs muddy sticks

Just the steps vs the sticks?
Sticks win every time

Steps and sticks with aiders?
I’m leaning towards the steps

I love my muddy pros.
I am warming up to the steps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't have Muddy sticks I have lonewolf and helium. I love the Wildedge steps and my lonewolf sticks. Hard to pick between them. Sticks are faster . Can climb higher with steps and swaider&kanaider. I use a Radrover electric fat tire bike to get to my hunting spot weight is not a problem Couldn't do it without the bike . I have a back injury.

I traded my WE steps for muddy pro sticks. I can't tell you how glad I am that I found a willing trader. I could not get a quick set up with the WE steps. I had a hard time getting them to cam over, then stay that way. A couple times they had un-cammed while I was in the saddle...which made for an interesting decent. WE steps you have to tie each step you take. The muddy pros are one strap for the distance you'd get with 3 WE (unless your using some kind of aider). If your setting up in cold weather and have gloves on, it was hard for me to tie the knot. Absolutely no issue with cold weather gloves with the muddy pros. It seems like a lot of guys like the WE steps but I really can't say a good thing about them, except I'm glad I got rid of them. I went from a run and gun setup time of 20+ minutes with the WE steps to about 5 minutes with the muddy pros.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Don't have Muddy sticks I have lonewolf and helium. I love the Wildedge steps and my lonewolf sticks. Hard to pick between them. Sticks are faster . Can climb higher with steps and swaider&kanaider. I use a Radrover electric fat tire bike to get to my hunting spot weight is not a problem Couldn't do it without the bike . I have a back injury.

Like the third time you shunned your helium sticks lol maybe we should work out a trade for my LW.

With 4 WE steps and my aider, I get up to anywhere from 21 to 28 feet high (platform height). Takes me right at 10 minutes to go from ground to ready to hunt. Less than 5 pounds.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

With 4 WE steps and my aider, I get up to anywhere from 21 to 28 feet high (platform height). Takes me right at 10 minutes to go from ground to ready to hunt. Less than 5 pounds.

What aider are you using? I just got a 5 step aider but haven't had time to mess with it yet. I have read of both good and bad experiences with the WE steps and a 5 step aider.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

What aider are you using? I just got a 5 step aider but haven't had time to mess with it yet. I have read of both good and bad experiences with the WE steps and a 5 step aider.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I have a five-step aider. This is my second year using WE steps, and they do take some practice. I rarely have any issues now. You eventually learn the "feel" for a properly cammed step and it becomes second nature. This was only my second time using this 5 step aider. It, too, takes some practice but once you climb with it a little, it also becomes easier and easier. Descending can be a little tricky in the dark, but more practice equals more proficiency. I like shaving time and weight from only having to use 4 WE steps.

I bought the 12-step WE package, so I can a actually have three different preset trees in an area if I choose.

Black Diamond Alpine Aiders, 16mm https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005WJ7VCE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_.WyiCbFHPAEFP

If it’s has to be “muddy sticks vs. stepps “ then stepps everytime. But if it’s lonewolf, helium’s or beast sticks vs stepps then I’m a stick guy. I like the we stepps but like them a bit less the colder it gets. But that’s just me, I know a lot of guys love them all year. I just find that they take a good bit extra dexterity when it’s below 20 degrees.....

I like the WE stepps but like the LW sticks a little more. I think the sticks are easier to use, and there's more to grab onto.

Like the third time you shunned your helium sticks lol maybe we should work out a trade for my LW.
No I like the Hawk helium but I only have 3 I need another stick to reach the height I like to hunt at. I put versa buttons on them along with lonewolf straps. I do use them to check my trail cameras I like the double step. No shunning here.

No I like the Hawk helium but I only have 3 I need another stick to reach the height I like to hunt at. I put versa buttons on them along with lonewolf straps. I do use them to check my trail cameras I like the double step. No shunning here.

Same boat here, upgraded to versa and only have 3. I'd buy more but sold out.

Have the stepps... Property I hunt has a lot of pines and it's a struggle getting all three points to make contact with bark. Just got beast sticks. I think it's going to be more efficient. But I also think it's personal preference.

Have the stepps... Property I hunt has a lot of pines and it's a struggle getting all three points to make contact with bark. Just got beast sticks. I think it's going to be more efficient. But I also think it's personal preference.
You are right though. While it definitely is a personal preference, there is much better efficiency in using sticks on pine trees. The WE steps simply are too painful to try to cam over on pine trees or other trees with similar thick bark.

Back