• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Weak side shot from platform

Country

Hunted out of a saddle for the first time today. It was a good experience overall. Got a little uncomfortable toward the end of the day, but nothing bad.
My question is...When taking a weak side shot off a platform, isn't it kind of unnecessary to lean into the saddle? Why not just stand upright like a regular treestand??

I find any shot taken while leaned into a saddle to be a more stable shot.
I guess several years in a saddle just get you in the habit of having that third stabilization point in your form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunted out of a saddle for the first time today. It was a good experience overall. Got a little uncomfortable toward the end of the day, but nothing bad.
My question is...When taking a weak side shot off a platform, isn't it kind of unnecessary to lean into the saddle? Why not just stand upright like a regular treestand??

I spin 180, wrapping myself up in my tether, and put my back to the tree for an off side shot. It’s amazing.

Back