• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Weather

TonyGreenway

Where do you guys get your weather forecasts on your phones? I use Wunderground on my PC, but it doesn't work on my phone. I'm looking for a source that includes temp, pressure, wind direction and speed, and gives forecasts for tomorrow, as well as current conditions. Am I asking too much?

I like the Scoutlook app. Been very accurate for me over the years. I like the hourly breakdown and really helps for planning a hunt especially if there is a wind switch in the middle of the day. I especially like the ScentCone feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoutlook for me too. I’ve found it very accurate. The scent cone is nice. You can save locations and watch what the wind will do throughout the day and for the next 10 days. Ideal for playing the just off wind and planning entry routes. Of course terrain features affect the actual wind in a certain spot but it gives you a very good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mostly the windy app. Cod.edu weather models. NOAA radar app. Longer term check accuweather and weather.gov forecast duscussion. Piece it all together.

I use a weather rock. When it's wet I know it's raining. When it's covered in snow I know it's snowing. When it's gone I know I need to discipline my kids better for touching my stuff.

Typically I use weather.com mostly to watch the radar. Wind direction varies to much around me with all the hills and valleys to rely on any weather stations.

I use Noaa weather app on my phone. I really like the hourly weather forecast graph. Graphs precip, temp, wind speed, cloud cover and more. Gives current pressure but does not forecast pressure.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Where do you guys get your weather forecasts on your phones? I use Wunderground on my PC, but it doesn't work on my phone. I'm looking for a source that includes temp, pressure, wind direction and speed, and gives forecasts for tomorrow, as well as current conditions. Am I asking too much?
Scoutlook

Back