• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Well crap.....

IkemanTX

When it rains, it pours guys.

I have an appointment with a surgeon next Thursday to start the process for a hernia correction. It started last week at work. You would think a flight attendant’s job would be a cake walk (that’s surely what I thought when I started). It isn’t in my job description but, being male, I have always felt obligated to help ladies lift and lower their bags from the overhead bin. NO MORE. This is the SECOND major injury in 3 years just from helping people with their bags. A little over 2 years ago, I missed almost 5 full months of work for a torn shoulder for the same reason. And now this. I won’t be claiming workers comp, because I can’t choose my doctor, my time frame, my procedure type, and we would miss our 5-year anniversary trip to Europe in October... so that’s a no go. Recovery time seems to be 4-6 weeks, which isn’t all that bad. But, my wife has an appointment on the 22nd with an orthopedic surgeon to see if she needs surgery to correct a tear in her shoulder.

So... I may be out 6 weeks at the same time my wife is out 4-6months. GUYS, I MAY NOT HAVE A 2019 SEASON AT ALL.... If she has to be out that long (with her making up 65% of our current household income) I may have to work over the entirety of my time off during season. (Thank goodness I can double dip my vacation pay plus hours worked!!!)

Honestly, this is a bit overwhelming. We could end up losing the cost of a brand new (nicer than we would ever buy) car over the next 6 months between lost income and medical bills. Thank GOD we have been paying everything off like mad people. I think we can go 7 months without making a truck payment at this point. That means just mortgage, electric, water, and gas are about all the bills we HAVE to pay. No more Netflix, no more Hulu, no more sams club membership, no more beer, no more steaks (even on markdown), no more charcoal, no more fancy meals at home. It is going to be a beans and rice, rice and beans kind of fall if it goes how it currently looks.

Y’all keep us in y’all’s prayers for short times out of work, and cheap medical bills because we surely will need it. Between you and me, it is never a good year when you are flirting with the “max out of pocket” figure on your medical coverage.

I'm really sorry to hear that. You have my thoughts and prayers. Heal quickly and your wife too. Maybe just maybe, you can salvage some of your season! I guarantee you will find a way to pull thru. I'm not gonna make this a religious post but TRUST GOD my friend.

Go for it, brother, because that’s all we’ve got to trust!

Tough situation. Hoping for the best throughout for you guys!

John H., Hickory, NC

“You sure are cocky for a starvin’ pilgrim.”

Asking the Lord to be with you guys. Praying for healing and quick recovery. Sounds like you are already putting your trust in Him. You will be alright.

Dave Ramsey would be proud of you, getting your debt paid down! This situation would just be all the worse if you had a bunch of payments hovering over your head. Good job on maintaining that focus and intensity!

Asking the Lord to be with you guys. Praying for healing and quick recovery. Sounds like you are already putting your trust in Him. You will be alright.

Dave Ramsey would be proud of you, getting your debt paid down! This situation would just be all the worse if you had a bunch of payments hovering over your head. Good job on maintaining that focus and intensity!
Amen! Gazelle intensity :)

Dang man! Praying for a speedy recovery for you and your wife!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Back