• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Went and shot some 2020 bows

Deadfox

So I went and shot a few 2020 bows today. Let me say this first off, I’ve never been a flagship bow guy. But that will for change in the next couple days when I finally make my decision. I shot the Mathews vxr 28, Hoyt axius, and bowtech revolt. Impressed by all three would be an understatement. All have there upsides vs the other. The Mathews is so dead at the shot it feels almost fake. The Hoyt for me was rock solid at full draw. The bowtech was the smoothest draw by a long shot. These are all my POV. I can’t even make my mind up on my own thoughts of these bows, so neither should you lol. All in all I had a great experience at Green top in Ashland VA. If your within a couple hour drive I highly recommend these guys.

So I went and shot a few 2020 bows today. Let me say this first off, I’ve never been a flagship bow guy. But that will for change in the next couple days when I finally make my decision. I shot the Mathews vxr 28, Hoyt axius, and bowtech revolt. Impressed by all three would be an understatement. All have there upsides vs the other. The Mathews is so dead at the shot it feels almost fake. The Hoyt for me was rock solid at full draw. The bowtech was the smoothest draw by a long shot. These are all my POV. I can’t even make my mind up on my own thoughts of these bows, so neither should you lol. All in all I had a great experience at Green top in Ashland VA. If your within a couple hour drive I highly recommend these guys.
Couldn’t agree more. I shot Bear for years and loved them. Didn’t realize what I was missing until I shot the VXR 28. Draw cycle isn’t as smooth as Elite or Bowtech but WOW is it dead in the hand!! ZERO vibration—don’t even need a stabilizer. Pulling 67 pounds...once you get a feel for the valley, it’s very smooth and easy to shoot. Not near as aggressive the more I shot it. Combined that with Easton Axis 5 mm arrows, 400 spine, and Exodus COC broad heads...the combo is just so forgiving and packs a huge punch. I did a lot of research before buying a flagship bow, but once you go in and try one for yourself, you’ll see what Deadfox is talking about.

I did the same thing, but further north in Warrenton and my three were the Mathews vxr 28, Bowtech Revolt, and Prime Black 5. I would agree with your thoughts on the Mathews and Bowtech and the Prime was just as smooth draw maybe smoother than the Bowtech or Mathews but with a slight vibration at the shot - nothing a good stab would eliminate. I'm a bigger guy, 6-4 with a 30.5" draw and really liked how the 35" axle-to-axle Prime felt as well as the string angle. I'll shoot more the next couple weeks but have plans on pulling the trigger on one!

66D777D7-BDF0-49ED-9257-BF8F46DA3E4A.jpegI shot a few.

I shot the VXR 28. I had a Vertix so felt very familiar.
Bowtech Revolt and RevoltX very smooth and pretty dead.
elite Kure was okay
Hoyt RX4 jumpy wasn’t impressed
Prime Black 3 and 5. Both were by far the loudest at the shot. Didn’t like either one.

Wish I was able to shoot the PSE NXT 33 but I don’t have a PSE dealer near me.

I chose the RevoltX

beautiful bow enkriss i have had the realm x since released and one of my favorite bows to date but the new cam system has my intrigued. I was a hoyt and elite guy forever the realm x was my first bowtech. I plan on shooting them all just to verify but the new revolt or revolt x has caught my eye for sure.

View attachment 22961I shot a few.

I shot the VXR 28. I had a Vertix so felt very familiar.
Bowtech Revolt and RevoltX very smooth and pretty dead.
elite Kure was okay
Hoyt RX4 jumpy wasn’t impressed
Prime Black 3 and 5. Both were by far the loudest at the shot. Didn’t like either one.

Wish I was able to shoot the PSE NXT 33 but I don’t have a PSE dealer near me.

I chose the RevoltX
Damn that’s a good looking rig

beautiful bow enkriss i have had the realm x since released and one of my favorite bows to date but the new cam system has my intrigued. I was a hoyt and elite guy forever the realm x was my first bowtech. I plan on shooting them all just to verify but the new revolt or revolt x has caught my eye for sure.

I got one of them too...lol

B590A240-EE4D-4EE8-A591-80D35C38FF78.jpeg

Figured u did how would you compare the two...:)

I like them both a lot. The RevoltX is just awesome. I really like the cam system. No messing with yokes or shims. It’s ingenious. Has better transition into the valley. The draw cycle on the RevoltX on comfort is phenomenal. Performance still has a bit of a hump at the end. The longer riser on the RevoltX seems to help it hold a little better also. I am super happy with it.

I sold my rea
I like them both a lot. The RevoltX is just awesome. I really like the cam system. No messing with yokes or shims. It’s ingenious. Has better transition into the valley. The draw cycle on the RevoltX on comfort is phenomenal. Performance still has a bit of a hump at the end. The longer riser on the RevoltX seems to help it hold a little better also. I am super happy with it.
Good to hear on the revolt. I sold my realm x, and was hoping the revolt was a little smoother draw.

I also shot just about all of the above bows with about the same experience. I really liked the concept of bowtechs revolt with the adjustments on timing and no press needed.
However I loved how the mathews VXR 28 shot. It is a little harsh on the draw cycle but very dead in hand.Screenshot_20200108-072041.jpg

Slick looking setup. I went with ambush green, but all black looks slick too.

Slick looking setup. I went with ambush green, but all black looks slick too.
I will be putting some neon green strings and cables on it in near future. My hunting arrows I will most likely have neon green wraps and vanes also.

I’m ready to pull the trigger on either the VXR or the Revolt. From the hat a lot of guys said, the VXR is a little more aggressive to draw. Has anyone found this to be true? That is the only reason I was leaning toward Bowtech. And I’m a Mathews fan. I do not have an opportunity to shoot a Bowtech so I’m strictly goin on reviews. I want a bow that will be fun to shoot b

I personally don’t think the draw cycle is rough on the VXR. It’s not as smooth as my old Elite, but it’s still extremely smooth. I usually shoot 67-70 pound DW, I just cranked my DW down to 64 and it was super smooth and I can control it very well. I don’t think you can go wrong with either the VXR or the Revolt. I shot both before buying and the VXR’s advantages just outweighed all the other ones TO ME...it held on target so much better than the Revolt for me and it wasn’t even close when it came to hand shock...the VXR is absolutely dead in the hand...to me, that was important. Again, you can’t go wrong with either.

She’s almost ready to take a turkey head off

Attachments

• 290B8993-7EF5-4413-B9DA-C5E49ECED859.png
    290B8993-7EF5-4413-B9DA-C5E49ECED859.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 33
Back