• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

WesSpur.com Sale: Samson Ropes 20% Off & Silky Saws 15% Off

LoadedLimbs

SH Member
Samson ropes for rigging and climbing are 20% off for a limited time at WesSpur.com. This includes the excellent camouflage "Predator" 11.4mm climbing rope that is well-suited for the Double Rope Technique (DRT) method of climbing and the Zing-it spectra throw line that will be needed if you make use of a throw ball to get your climbing line over a limb or crotch of a tree. (Discount code for Samson ropes = SM2020). Silky Saw products are also 15% off for a limited time at WesSpur.com (Discount code for Silky Saws = SK2020).

From what I can tell, there is a limit of one discount code per web order. All orders over $99 qualify for FREE UPS ground shipping to the lower 48 states.

How much you get and how was shipping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered some as well. I ordered 75’ and a throw line cube. Before 20% off it was over $100 so shipping was free even though I paid less than $100 on total purchase with the 20% off the rope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I hate seeing sales after i get my stuff. It happened again,oh well,such is life. I got to practice climbing with mine for a month now,so that is good.

How much rope do y’all recommend getting to get to 20’ up using DRT or whatever acronym is being used these days?

Also the zing it is like 180’? Seems like overkill. Suggestions for the excess?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need double the rope of your intended hunting height,plus maybe 5-7 feet for knots. That's for DRT. Half that for SRT. The extra throw line could be turned in to pull up line or line for presets.

It takes some practice,but what doesn't. It took me maybe three times before i felt like i was getting the hang of it,and yes,pun intended. It is not physically hard once you get the technique figured out. The biggest thing for me was getting the length from my bridge connection to the Blake hitch right so i could advance the rope as much as possible per pull.
Using a throwball takes practice too,especially around a lot of limbs and branches.
But it is fun and you get to rappel down.

With the kit use promo code : NYSH1 for 10% off the package price. Thank Joe and Scott at New York Saddle Hunters for negotiating that spiff!

Nice kit. Thanks for sharing. You don’t get the discount on the rope in the kit. $50 more than what I had for checkout and it’s only adding a carabiner and that bag.
That bag is awesome. Code NYSH1 adds a discount to the kit.

That is the code for 10% off the DRT/MRS Kit. The SRT kit code is NYSH2 for 10% off.

Back