• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What bothered u on your last saddle sit

Weldabeast

SH Member
I don't know about u guys but it seems every sit I notice something that can be improved on. It's usually little things like the process or order of how I but things away or moving a pouch over a little so I can reach into it easier etc......maybe if u are having some bumps in the road to dialing in ur system some other folks on here who already gone thru it can help.

My last hunt I noticed my water bladder can make a loud crinkle if I'm not careful and it's about half full......stealth stripped the heck outta it and that solved that.....I also accidentally made a noise hitting my release on the rangefinder so stealth stripped them.

When I first started saddle hunting I'd write a list of all the things that bothered me or worked against me and slowly over couple seasons whittle the list down to nothing/almost nothing.....

My current bother is I still searching for the best way to carry and deploy my aider.

finding a good way to carry my platform while walking and while SRT climbing.

I had a little trouble getting around the tree in my JX3. The tether was a little short, but if it was longer I was having issues having the fork stay against the tree. Kept wanting to kick out, making me feel like I was falling for a fraction of a second... But I was able to connect on an 8pt.

I spent all summer using my left hand to hold my rangefinder while practicing. Went to range a deer with my (right handed) bow in hand. So stupid. How I didn’t catch that was gonna happen all summer idk.

Also found out if I use my hybrid setup as a stand I need/want another option to hang my bow. So I ordered a side kick. Also nice in super thick areas being able to have your bow as close to your hand as possible.

My biggest complaint now is a pack. I cannot seem to find the perfect pack.

I'm still working on my list lol. Currently figuring it all out. Already posted a thread or two about my gear hanger and ROS strap, and got some good responses from folks. Making changes as I go.

Still get some hip pinch but I think it's my build more than my saddle. Working out a custom option now to hopefully alleviate the pressure on my love handle area lol.

Other than that, tree rats. They bothered the crap out of me on my last 2 sits. Think I might add a sling shot to the pack lol.

BT

I'm still working on my list lol. Currently figuring it all out. Already posted a thread or two about my gear hanger and ROS strap, and got some good responses from folks. Making changes as I go.

Still get some hip pinch but I think it's my build more than my saddle. Working out a custom option now to hopefully alleviate the pressure on my love handle area lol.

Other than that, tree rats. They bothered the crap out of me on my last 2 sits. Think I might add a sling shot to the pack lol.

BT
Loosen up you waist belt at height while still on LB & pull your saddle lower & that goes away

I spent all summer using my left hand to hold my rangefinder while practicing. Went to range a deer with my (right handed) bow in hand. So stupid. How I didn’t catch that was gonna happen all summer idk.

Also found out if I use my hybrid setup as a stand I need/want another option to hang my bow. So I ordered a side kick. Also nice in super thick areas being able to have your bow as close to your hand as possible.

My biggest complaint now is a pack. I cannot seem to find the perfect pack.
Backpack is an easy 1..... Find something other than a pack to carry ur stuff

Bow hanger, looking to use 2TC rope to double as bow holder. I will take all suggestions. TIA

BT
Try a HPE from Genisis 3D Printing. Hip pinch eliminator.

Bow hanger, looking to use 2TC rope to double as bow holder. I will take all suggestions. TIA
I simple temporary solution until u find what u want would be 1 of those heavy duty gear tie. Bend to shape and attach.....personally I don't like to hang things of my tether. If u shift and unweight u have potential for ur bow to fall....same with the bag hung on the tag end. Some trees won't allow u to hang ur bow off the trunk ur tethered to also

Edit: here an example. I tethered to 1 trunk and branches and the lean of the tree didn't let me hang my stuff the way I normally do. Gear strap went on a different trunk holding my bow close to me so little movement needed and I used my doyels to make a temporary spot to hold my vest

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231012-133350~2.png
    Screenshot_20231012-133350~2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20231012-133353~2.png
    Screenshot_20231012-133353~2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Some @$$hole squirrel hunting shooting pellets at me! :rage:

Also, I am not 100% satisfied with how I'm packing my sticks in. Have the Skeletors right now with a strap connected and carrying over my shoulder. My early season backpack is too small to lash them to. I'll keep tinkering....

Last edited:
I've thought about filling up a pocket with rocks before.....my thought was throw them to scare deers or pigs if they in thick stuff or if u needed to distract them to look in a different direction but I guess u could chuck em at squirrels too
ive honestly thought about this too.

I think the thing that bothered me most about my last sit was not immediately checking to see if i could go all the way around tree for shots....i went for the 1 o clock shot on my weakside and was completely blocked off

ive honestly thought about this too.

I think the thing that bothered me most about my last sit was not immediately checking to see if i could go all the way around tree for shots....i went for the 1 o clock shot on my weakside and was completely blocked off
What diameter tree and what do u stand on?

Back