• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What did you NOT buy today?

BuffaloBill

SH Member
Thought I'd make a thread for people trying to avoid the neverending cycle of gear accumulation.

I talked myself out of stopping in Academy earlier and possibly buying stuff that I don't really need. They're pretty much wiped out of most ammo and firearms anyway.

My name is Corey and I’m 14 days clean on buying hunting gear, however I did find a spray can of tinks in one of my Walmart bag last night.

I did not buy a jx3 for $280 because I couldn’t find it on FB. Saw it last nights and watched a bunch of videos to make me think I needed it. I’m glad it wasn’t there anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried to buy 22LR ammo today at 2 stores but no luck.

More in the spirit of self restraint I resisted buying the size 2 Kite that was for sale here recently. Man that was hard to pass up!

I tried to buy 22LR ammo today at 2 stores but no luck.

More in the spirit of self restraint I resisted buying the size 2 Kite that was for sale here recently. Man that was hard to pass up!

I kind of regret not buying a box of 800 count Federal box of .22 that I saw on the shelf at Walmart for like $42 recently. But the only .22 that I currently have in possession is an old Hi-Standard revolver that I was given.

My name is Corey and I’m 14 days clean on buying hunting gear, however I did find a spray can of tinks in one of my Walmart bag last night.

I did not buy a jx3 for $280 because I couldn’t find it on FB. Saw it last nights and watched a bunch of videos to make me think I needed it. I’m glad it wasn’t there anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve seen a couple of things for sale like that. Looking at it hoping someone buys it so you can’t because you don’t really need it but it’s too good of a deal to pass up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I currently have a cart full of stuff on EWO. This post has helped me to back down from the ledge and put half of it back. Only half though, like the ultimate one stick. Thank you.

You put the one stick back or kept it in your cart? I’d suggest you keep it in your cart or put it back. I didn’t buy the ultimate one stick but have pieced a couple together from Eastern Woods Outdoors before they were sold in a package deal. I love mine.

I didn’t buy 100 foot of rescue tech from Eastern Woods Outdoors today but I did receive it. Does that count?

I did not buy a down sleeping bag and 1 man tent. When I think of something I plan to buy in the following year, I write it down on a spreadsheet because sometimes I'll forget (that should be a clue I don't need it). This list is bad because the thought process is "well, I'm going to buy it anyway, so why not now?"

It’s not hunting gear but about 5 years ago my best bud passed away. I got his vinyl collection. Went through it and started picking stuff and putting them in my shelves. Did 3-4 passes. Loaded the rest up a couple weeks later and went to a shop that buys such stuff.

With $600 store credit and some cash. I kept going back and picking up stuff every now and then. One day I picked up 3 albums from the used shelves where they put the new to the store inventory. Later that day the wife and I were out and we stopped by a bookstore that also sold records. Picked up a new copy of the Violent Femmes from the early 80’s.

Got home that night and found out that I did in fact own that album already. 3 of them in fact. Paid $8 for that album in the 80’s on cassette and then paid $34 for a new one. That I didn’t need. After laughing that off I opened up the used stuff to take a listen and 2 of the 3 had Johns initials on them. Yep. I’d bought albums that I sold to that store.

I know have a google doc that has all 850 something albums on it. Before I buy....I do some research into my existing library.

I need to apply that to hunting stuff too.

I didn't buy this vintage camo fleece set, but it is mine now, got skinny enough to wear it and raided it from my wife's vintage clothing business's stock.
a73f4b0fdbacbbad1a0535ae1a372816.jpg

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk

Back