• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What do you use to store your gear?

Murph4028

Vendor Rep
Where do you keep all your hunting gear? Do you keep it all together? I have used a Remington tough box from academy sports for a few years now but it's just not big enough anymore. I like to keep everything I use or might use in the same container in case I change my mind on what I am taking in with me that day. Better to have it than wish I did. I don't carry a whole lot of gear at once but I have different load outs for different spots depending on the tree and the surroundings so if I change my mind on what area I am targeting I like to have it all with me. The major variants in the equation are climbing method and backpack. On any given day I could be using a minimalist backpack with wild edge steps and a knaider, a medium sized pack with LWHC, or a medium sized pack with a muddy pro and either a predator or ridge runner. So ideally whatever I have would house my hunting clothes, 2 saddles, 2 backpacks, 2 platforms, and 3 climbing methods. I am thinking maybe a huge waterproof duffle bag or maybe the scent crusher bag. Anyone else do this?

I use the Plano sportsman tubs, I use the biggest one for the majority of my gear(saddle, straps, bags, etc.) and have few smaller ones for specific uses (scouting tub, turkey hunting gear, some specific deer hunting gear). Keeps it pretty organized for me

I have some large rubbermaid containers I keep my hunting clothes. During season I keep one large and one smaller rubbermaid in the back of my trucks camper shell covered bed with extra stuff and tracking paraphernalia.....

I couldn't imagine storing all if my gear in one tote. My garage is full of storage totes with different hunting gear for different seasons and game, tote for upland gear, tote for western hunts, tote for cold weather gear, tote big bulky items, etc. I use the sportsman Plano storage totes mostly, but I also have the old heavy duty rubbermaid totes. My bulky items are stored in a large 37" husky job site box. Those are really nice for out of town hunts. Watertight and tough as nails.

I couldn't imagine storing all if my gear in one tote. My garage is full of storage totes with different hunting gear for different seasons and game, tote for upland gear, tote for western hunts, tote for cold weather gear, tote big bulky items, etc. I use the sportsman Plano storage totes mostly, but I also have the old heavy duty rubbermaid totes. My bulky items are stored in a large 37" husky job site box. Those are really nice for out of town hunts. Watertight and tough as nails.

Same here...I have totes for turkey hunting, duck hunting, couple for deer hunting gear, one for my son’s gear, etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a couple of totes but I really need to get a more organized storage system because it always seems I’m looking for something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Truth! Sadly I am slowly moving toward an inventory system to keep track of everything. It's a work in process.

I have a couple of totes but I really need to get a more organized storage system because it always seems I’m looking for something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Same here. I have stuff all over the place and I'm always looking for something. I have empty large totes in my attic that I need to utilize.

I built a closet in my shed where I hang Everything. I have tote also. I prefer clear totes and a label them so I have somewhat of an idea what’s in them. I have different totes for early season, late season, Turkey season, layer totes, accessory totes, diy parts tote.

I built a closet in my shed where I hang Everything. I have tote also. I prefer clear totes and a label them so I have somewhat of an idea what’s in them. I have different totes for early season, late season, Turkey season, layer totes, accessory totes, diy parts tote.

i seperate and store my stuff the same way as far as clear totes for all extra stuff, by season, accessory gear, blaze orange/ black blind hunting clothes and by early season vs late season clothes etc. Because i am always back and forth between home and Ohio I keep one large tub empty and just pack it for the trip and throw my clothing bag in and roll. either way once i start hunting it turns into a yard sale and i have to reorganize :tearsofjoy: Gear Problems

Sensitive Subject..... I use the bedroom my son moved out of 8 years ago. I have a very large set of cabinets and a closet and a bookshelf! And some of the garage. My wife says it’s out of control! What does she know, I let her use some of that room too and she also hunts. IM NOT A HUNTING HOARDER! Sorry didn’t mean to yell

Does your wife have a saddle? Maybe you just need to buy her one, you know, just to get her started.

Does your wife have a saddle? Maybe you just need to buy her one, you know, just to get her started.

That is in the works! She is 75% convinced that she wants a saddle, but she likes the convenience of box stand. She says she can kill the big buck from it while shopping Ebay and Amazon. It’s hard to argue when she kills deer!

That's the problem. My wife does have a saddle and so does my 9 year old son. We all have hunting gear in the garage and always seem to be getting more lol. Would be much easier if we all had 1 container each instead of loading anywhere between 2(when I go alone) or 6-7 (when they go too) tough boxes everytime not to mention switching out what I plan to use that trip.

Back