• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

what else should I order?

Basiiczxx

So I made the plunge and ordered
tethrd mantis starter kit
Predator platform
2x ropeman 1s
1x 3 peice hawk helium climbing sticks

What other gear should I order to be prepared for this season?
Trying to have it all sitting at my house in the states, so when I get back from Afghanistan I can jump right into practicing.

I just ordered a kit as well, also ordered the recliner, some said it made a huge difference, think I will be a sitter so I just went ahead and got it.
I also went with a SYS and a SYS ES. No platform for me (yet), sticks to start, and maybe bottom of a climber - I already have these.Now the wait, but lots of time to search and read, ask questions.

Same boat as you. I wanna a pack that will allow me to pack my sticks and bow on the back pack for those long walks. Looking at the Alps trailblazer atm. Seem like that is doable.

I would grab some climbing rated tubular webbing. You can make aiders for the sticks, or remake your bridge if needed. I also use hamock straps from Amazon as a gear hanger.
Good luck with your season!!
JJ
91P, 91B
Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Any preference on what tubular webbing? I saw blue water for like .45 cents a inch is that on the expensive side?

Any preference on what tubular webbing? I saw blue water for like .45 cents a inch is that on the expensive side?
Thank you for your service.
Check out the video on the strapworks.com site about tubular webbing.
I will be buying some and I wasn't sure about the ins and outs of webbing.
One thing I found interesting is that they sell 2 grades of tubular...one is a fine weave which shows intricate prints and patterns better but it doesn't cam buckle as well. The other is a utility grade with a more coarse weave. It does better with cam buckles because it not as slick. For me, I want to make an adjustable bridge. Whichever style of buckle I choose, I don't want any slippage.
And you might want to buy some knee pads.

Thank you for your service.
Check out the video on the strapworks.com site about tubular webbing.
I will be buying some and I wasn't sure about the ins and outs of webbing.
One thing I found interesting is that they sell 2 grades of tubular...one is a fine weave which shows intricate prints and patterns better but it doesn't cam buckle as well. The other is a utility grade with a more coarse weave. It does better with cam buckles because it not as slick. For me, I want to make an adjustable bridge. Whichever style of buckle I choose, I don't want any slippage.
And you might want to buy some knee pads.
Thanks I'll check the website out before I order some today.

I already have a pair of good knee pads from work I planned on using.

Thanks for keeping our great country safe, brother! If you can find any parachute riggers, the mil-spec tubular is the same. I realize you're downrange, but even back here you should know someone. I even use the half inch as my bow hoist line-never kinks when it's folded into a pocket on my pack. Stay safe and come back to enjoy saddle hunting!!

So I made the plunge and ordered
tethrd mantis starter kit
Predator platform
2x ropeman 1s
1x 3 peice hawk helium climbing sticks

What other gear should I order to be prepared for this season?
Trying to have it all sitting at my house in the states, so when I get back from Afghanistan I can jump right into practicing.
Thank you for your service!

I bought this carry strap to carry my sticks on days I am not bringing my pack, 2" webbing
https://www.strapworks.com/Universal_Carry_Strap_p/ucs2n.htm

Also think about how you are going to carry your other sticks up the tree as you climb, I bought paracord and tied it around the standoffs on my sticks, then I bought some molle J hooks ( https://doublesteps.com/product/kydex-molle-j-hook/ ) and attached them to the molle webbing on my saddle so I can just slip the paracord loop into the J hook

Thank you for your service. Here is a link to a thread I had about starting out that guys have been adding to

https://saddlehunter.com/community/index.php?threads/a-place-to-start.16457/#post-236698

Back