• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What is the proper name for this?

MattMan81

SH Member
Need to replace these. What's the proper name for them? Cam stops? Bow is a Bowtech Regin 6. Screenshot_20220403-184644~3.png

Limb stops or string stops is usually what I call them. Just depends on the bow

if they stop against the limb they are limb stops, if they stop against the string, string stops. which it is depends on your bow.

I have the lucky stops on my bow, they are a nice replacement, and allow for slight adjustments without having to change a whole lot of things

be careful, over the phone, 2 different bow shops wanted to order me the string damper

so, i explained what it does to them (it is attached to the cam and hits the cable and stops the draw).....if i hadn't explained it to them, i have no doubt they would have ordered a damper

Realm SS shooter here. They are draw stops. Be stupid careful when screwing them in as they break very easily, ask me how I know. Don’t use a t handle or long axis of an Allen wrench(as told to me by a bow tech). I don’t know that you can buy the factory draw stops(I’ve tried at two different pro shops) but some shops might just give you some. I had to have a pro shop drill out the one I broke and they just gave me a new one. You can order aftermarket draw stops from lucky stops.

the manual says a little blue loctite after you know where you want them

a loose draw stop is a hazard and one made my older bow lock up at full draw and nearly dry fire

on my new bow (should do this on my old one too), i cleaned both threads and then used just a toothpick stripe of blue loctite

I should have qualified my response. There are both limb draw stops and cable draw stops. The one pictured you have there appears to be a limb draw stop. But without seeing it in relation to the cables or limb, I do not know for certain. It appears others who are Bowtech Shooters say that is their cable draw stop.

Okay. I'm finding things now. Have you had any issues with those rotating on their own?
There is a bowmar ones that has a flat end.
Options are nice on those Lucky's...
Just got them after season so haven’t shot a lot of arrows with them yet and still messing with the different settings but so far they haven’t moved or become loose. I always check before and after I shoot.

Okay. I'm finding things now. Have you had any issues with those rotating on their own?
There is a bowmar ones that has a flat end.
Options are nice on those Lucky's...
I used luckys before and liked them as they can be fine tuned easy. Just get em where you want em and a dab of loctite makes sure they don’t walk

Sweet. They are cable stops. Not limb. I would like my bow to come down a little easier. If I draw and want to let down, I let off and there is a Mila second of it doing nothing before it moves. It's not long, but feels like for ever. So if I can take a little of that out, I think that will help me out some. So gotta figure out which Lucky's to go with.
Thanks guys.

Sweet. They are cable stops. Not limb. I would like my bow to come down a little easier. If I draw and want to let down, I let off and there is a Mila second of it doing nothing before it moves. It's not long, but feels like for ever. So if I can take a little of that out, I think that will help me out some. So gotta figure out which Lucky's to go with.
Thanks guys.
This video should help. I’m think but not positive the realm and reign series of bow use same stops.

Back