• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What part of the picture don’t I see?

DannyAttacksTheMountain

I’ve noticed in our classifieds that the ameristep ring of steps sells for around $100 plus. Yet the (what appears to be basically the same thing) ones by silent approach sell for only $65. Is this because the ameristep brand are hard to find? Or are the ones by silent approach that much less in quality?

951133f9935d9325dbcf942c653a0dbd.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The silent approach steps have the strap going through the top of the steps, whereas ameristeps hang below it. I think this contributes to the stability and the ability for them to sit tighter to the tree.

I'm sure it also has to do with the fact that ameristeps are unfortunately no longer being made.

They aren’t worse quality, but the functionality isn’t quite as good. It seems like they need to be a lot tighter to the tree and they may be more apt to slight movement, but they do work.

I’m curious what kind of DIY could be done to make them more functional. Would they fit the boat buckle?

The silent approach steps have the strap going through the top of the steps, whereas ameristeps hang below it. I think this contributes to the stability and the ability for them to sit tighter to the tree.

I'm sure it also has to do with the fact that ameristeps are unfortunately no longer being made.

Now this makes sense. Thanks man

X2
By design ameristeps get tight with top & or side load. I have no experience with bull man outdoors steps, just reading.

I’ve noticed in our classifieds that the ameristep ring of steps sells for around $100 plus. Yet the (what appears to be basically the same thing) ones by silent approach sell for only $65. Is this because the ameristep brand are hard to find? Or are the ones by silent approach that much less in quality?

951133f9935d9325dbcf942c653a0dbd.png

The bullman steps are not as stable.

I could be mistaken but I’m pretty sure I heard on a podcast that ameristep plans to come out with their ring of steps again. Anyone else hear anything of this?

The reasons the ameristeps are more
Money
1- they are way better as a platform
2- they are not commercially available so the market is completely based on old supply and large demand.

I have both and will only use the bullman for climbing.

I love my Ameristep as a platform but I am thinking about getting the predator platform from Tethrd Nation. I have never used a platform l'm kind of very interested in how I can shoot from it.
You and me both brother. I bit the bullet on the predator because of ONE deer that I MIGHT could have shot last year with a platform.

Back