• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What the heck!!

Autumnrider

Great weekend other than-
First deer that walks by this morning was a big beautiful 7pt. It happened fast! Boom there he is at 32 yd (no clue he was even in this world) and angling towards me. By the time i get my hands on my bow he is at 18 yd so i walk around the tree with him as he passes..........WHAT THE CRAP?!?!?! I CANT GET MY BOW BACK?!?!?!?!?!?
It was cold but not that cold! Only things i can think of is the jacket made it tough to pull, i was colder than thought or buck fever (dont think so). All i could do os watch him walk yunder......and question what just happened.
That SUX......but it was still a beautiful day. Seen 11 today and all o could do was grin about what happened.
af0c1ba4137c5e7809d492c704bd246f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Think back to all of the times you sat in a tree and didnt see a thing.
Sounds lile you had a fun hunt despite the bow issue.
I am jealous - cant hunt the land I hunt on Sundays.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

I find that in my saddle it is harder to draw than in my climbing stand. I have lowered my draw weight a touch due to saddle hunting. Has really made it so much easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Got back in the saddle today to figure out "WHY".
Having All of the same clothes on that i did sunday. (Top - Long unders and a jacket). I swung around the telephone pole as it happened in the tree. Pulled bow and bullseye!?
The only way that i could not pull the bow was when i had my bow arm more out in fromt of my chest than out to my side as i do (or anyone else does) when i do draw. If i would have went to the off side of the tree (im right handed), i would have most likely got a shot off. The buck was going left to right on opposite side of tree (12 o clock). All i can figure is ..... improper form and getting in a hurry.

Lay on your back on the floor and if you can draw your bow back your poundage is good if you can't maybe lower your poundage down a little bit that's what I do. I don't know how much pounds you pull but for whitetails I pulled 55 pounds. But l am old.

Great weekend other than-
First deer that walks by this morning was a big beautiful 7pt. It happened fast! Boom there he is at 32 yd (no clue he was even in this world) and angling towards me. By the time i get my hands on my bow he is at 18 yd so i walk around the tree with him as he passes..........WHAT THE CRAP?!?!?! I CANT GET MY BOW BACK?!?!?!?!?!?
It was cold but not that cold! Only things i can think of is the jacket made it tough to pull, i was colder than thought or buck fever (dont think so). All i could do os watch him walk yunder......and question what just happened.
That SUX......but it was still a beautiful day. Seen 11 today and all o could do was grin about what happened.
af0c1ba4137c5e7809d492c704bd246f.jpg

Same thing happened to me Saturday. Ill be back, so will he!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back