• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What war are we going into, and why is there no ammo anywhere?!?!

Fuse Dude

What war are we going into, and why is there no ammo anywhere?!?!

I must be oblivious to the happenings here in my state, but *** I can't find a scrap of ammo anywhere....

When did it start?
When does it end?
Will I be able to hunt with a firearm in 2021?

Is this a series of unfortunate events which precipitated this, or is there some nafareious happenings??

Please enlighten me with reality and conspiracy.

The ammo run started during covid, don’t ask me why, whatever scraps were left are now completely gone due to politics is my best guess, this is the worst ammo run I have ever witnessed, I am willing to bet it will take at least a couple years to get back to normal, it’s a vicious cycle to say the least, as soon as it does start to hit the shelves it will be gone again, learn to hoard.

Powder manufacturers have also been behind for a couple years at least, I was told military contracts and obligations take priority.

Powder manufacturers have also been behind for a couple years at least, I was told military contracts and obligations take priority.

I work for a gov supplier, and am charge of contract reviews, etc for our plant. They can make you run stuff. Before my time... a gov agency helicopter picked up parts from our front lawn that were desperately needed somewhere for something.

I work for a gov supplier, and am charge of contract reviews, etc for our plant. They can make you run stuff. Before my time... a gov agency helicopter picked up parts from our front lawn that were desperately needed somewhere for something.
That’s awesome, I couldn’t imagine seeing that!

Supposedly, there are only 4 big primer makers in the US and all other ammo places/reloaders use them, so that's the specific bottle neck.

People started making runs on guns and ammo back in March.

Mom and pop stores around me have a few boxes of most stuff

Most big stores are now limiting # of boxes per customer, but shelves are empty most places. Between my stash and reloading capabilities, I'm set for the apocalypse.

What caliber are you looking for? I may have a box I can trade for an entire saddle set up or maybe a new duck boat! Lol JUST KIDDING

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friendly reminder that sh.com has a strict "no politics" rule so please be respectful of that rule, we do not actually enjoy locking threads.
There has been times when I really wanted to be able to discuss political topics on this site but in hindsight, I see that it's a good policy.
We are mostly a pretty happy family talking about gear and relayed topics. I'm sure that we all aren't on the same side of the aisle politically and if we opened up that can of worms this family would start having some issues.
I support the policy.
Geeze, I wish I could tell you my thoughts on the guns and ammo shortage...but this thread would probably get locked.
God bless our forefathers.

There has been times when I really wanted to be able to discuss political topics on this site but in hindsight, I see that it's a good policy.
We are mostly a pretty happy family talking about gear and relayed topics. I'm sure that we all aren't on the same side of the aisle politically and if we opened up that can of worms this family would start having some issues.
I support the policy.
Geeze, I wish I could tell you my thoughts on the guns and ammo shortage...but this thread would probably get locked.
I am on a NY website and the politic discussions are mostly crazy. We are much better off not getring into that at all,leave some of the mystery intact,haha.

I support the policy.
I used to frequent a hunting forum for my state that allowed political and religious discussions. It got to the point that the majority of the threads had nothing to do with hunting. In fact, if you just looked at the top 5 discussions on any given day you probably wouldn't even guess it was a hunting forum.

I much prefer the rules here. It keeps things on topic and if you want to talk politics there are literally thousands of other places to go do it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I used to frequent a hunting forum for my state that allowed political and religious discussions. It got to the point that the majority of the threads had nothing to do with hunting. In fact, if you just looked at the top 5 discussions on any given day you probably wouldn't even guess it was a hunting forum.

I much prefer the rules here. It keeps things on topic and if you want to talk politics there are literally thousands of other places to go do it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yeah if you like chewing on glass and getting nowhere in a conversation, chatting politics on Archerytalk is the place to go.

Back