• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What was the first saddle on the market?

Wasp

I am guessing it was Trophyline but anybody know who was the first to offer saddles commercially?

I got my Anderson Tree Sling in 1981. Don’t remember anything else on the market prior to it. Used it to get my first muzzleloader buck and black bear shortly thereafter. Used it for many years both as a saddle and as a safety harness when in a tree stand. Also would hang next to my boys while they were in a hang-on stand when they first started hunting. I’ve passed it on to @redsquirrel now as a family heirloom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow '81 ...hmm Bet you got some wierd looks back then when you were using the tree sling. Had to have been frustrating knowing you had a safer and lighter way, but so few willing to take it seriously.

I got my Anderson Tree Sling in 1981. Don’t remember anything else on the market prior to it. Used it to get my first muzzleloader buck and black bear shortly thereafter. Used it for many years both as a saddle and as a safety harness when in a tree stand. Also would hang next to my boys while they were in a hang-on stand when they first started hunting. I’ve passed it on to @redsquirrel now as a family heirloom.

That’s really cool!

@huck72412 used to weave tree saddles with grapevines and sawgrass until the greens came out. Not sure he was the first one to sale them but he sent some back with Columbus so he was definitely the first saddle company to engage in international trade.

Back