• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What's your tack container

Allegheny Tom

SH Member
I've never been a big fan of reflective tacks. I try to be as secretive as I can about my stand locations and access routes and tacks are just an advertisement.
But I have started to be in need of needing a few tacks but it can be a little fumbly to pick them out of a container (and lid) without spilling them in the pack or whatever.
Just wondering if you tack gurus have any tricks to manage these little things.
Thanks.

I used to use a scent wafer pack. Dirt or doe in heat scent. Only time i use tacks is tacking a tree i want to sit in on a morning sit thst way i know what tree it is when i get close.
i put 4 tacks on tree one tack pointing in all 4 directions that way im covered any way i enter.
entry ways to your spots are almost as important as winds are

I just find about 2” long piece of a stick that’s about the diameter of my finger and stick a bunch in there. They don’t rattle around and are easy to access.

High bouncy pinkie, may bad. We used to play “war” with them during the down times on the job, lol

eb02d7840466d52924e38502ff6e2f2b.jpg

That’s where we got the name, lol.

Back