• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Where to put bolts on saddle

Coachschaller

Just got my treehopper bolts and drill.

I drilled out a couple of trees (used the power drill).

I could use some suggestions on where to attach the belt holder for the drill and bolts.

I put it on my pants belt, but it either interfered with the lineman loops and it also interfered with walking since it hit my leg,

Any suggestions?

For the walk into the woods, I put drills (hand or cordless) in a fanny pack. Bolts go in the same pack, but a different compartment. For climbing, I just drill the next hole and leave the drill inserted. I'm always drilling at least one hole ahead of the one I'm actually inserting the last bolt.
I did make a little bungie loop for the Treehopper hand drill. I can hang the drill on a bolt or slip the loop onto my thumb.

I know this doesn’t answer your question but I tried placing my drill and bolts on my saddle and I never really liked that setup due to weight and having to reach behind me to get each bolt it just didn’t feel like the best setup.
Something I tried and it really works great is a small binocular harness to carry the drill and bolts in.
For me it takes the weight off the saddle and it’s very convenient to pull out and replace the drill and bolts as you go just something to think about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of bino harnesses with the zipper pouch on the back seem like they're setup for bolt users. It puts the bolts and drill right on your chest for easy access and the weight isn't as noticeable. 20220910_173208.jpg

I run two roll up pouches and put my drill and bolts on my right side Have my roll up pouches attached to the farthest forward molle loop on my Kestrel They ride right on my hips nice and tight No rattle and easy to get to I use suspenders on my saddle to help with the little extra weight

I repurposed a sys hauler I had. Used a piece of camo 3/4 inch webbing to create a shoulder sling for it. I also have a s biner on it to hang it from my gear strap to use as a holder for a water bottle and other smalls. It's not quite perfect but with the dual usage it works out well.

Back