• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Whisker Biscuit V Plus Arrow Rest

My .02 on friction rests is a hard no. I used to shoot whisker biscuits and struggled with consistent accuracy. Switched to a drop away and the night and day difference was instantly noticeable

A lot of deer have been killed w/ Whisker Biscuits. They have their place. You can't beat the simplicity to them. Very dependable in an average hunting situation. Not much can go wrong w/ them other than they can freeze. Total arrow capture is plus. You can't drop an arrow. However they have their Cons. Fletching damage especially w/ feathers. I hate having to re fletch arrows during the season. The other is tunability. Decent flight can be achieved especially at 20-30 yds. Perfect flight out to 50-60 yds? Not so much. Drop Aways rests allow for great tunability and perfect arrow flight especially w/ fixed blade BH's. However they have moving parts and can fail especially if installed improperly. I've seen 2 hunts ruined because of failures. Proper installation would have prevented both failures. Also You can definitely drop an arrow w/ them especially if you trim the prong like I do. I trim mine so it doesn't hit the riser. Quieter. Every year, more than once I can look down and see my arrow! Usually it because the wind blew it off .

I have a Whisker Biscuit and shoot feathers and haven't had any feather damage at all. I shoot almost every day from early spring until the end of the season in mid December.

When it comes to hunting, I was as simple as possible. There's really nothing that can go wrong with a whisker biscuit short of physical damage.

Probably the most bomb proof setup you can have for a compound bow would be a whisker bisquit arrow rest and EZV sight. I've never used a WB but I know plenty who do and they swear by them, not at them. That being said, I really like Hamskea or Vaportrail's Limb Driven dropaway rests.

I got that new biscuit design.... I don't know if the new design is any better than the old? I have no complaints

I have a Whisker Biscuit and shoot feathers and haven't had any feather damage at all. I shoot almost every day from early spring until the end of the season in mid December.
You've never had to re-fletch? My 4 fletch arrows never got along w/ the WB.

You've never had to re-fletch? My 4 fletch arrows never got along w/ the WB.
Do you sand your shafts, then clean them with denatured alcohol? If you’re having any fletching problems that should help. I shot a arrow repeatedly through plywood this year and it took several shots to effect the fletching

Truthfully me and carbon shafts don't get along. I have followed numerous glues, vanes, feathers, solvents, and directions over the years. Exactly to the letter! They all fall off sooner than a store bought or custom arrow. However since I shoot 4 fletch, I just fletch them myself. Feather work the best. They at least seem to hold up for at least a season. Aluminum arrows? No problem. They hold up like champ.

Just switched to one recently and great so far. It's part of an overall plan to get as simple as possible. Also just added nose button and removed peep. Last step is conversion to EZ V sight. Should be about as simple and bulletproof as I can get. In 40 yrs of bowhunting my longest shot taken was just under 30 yds so I'm sure the accuracy with this setup will be more than adequate for me. There are old videos of Pigman shooting great groups at 100yds through the old whisker biscuit.

Just switched to one recently and great so far. It's part of an overall plan to get as simple as possible. Also just added nose button and removed peep. Last step is conversion to EZ V sight. Should be about as simple and bulletproof as I can get. In 40 yrs of bowhunting my longest shot taken was just under 30 yds so I'm sure the accuracy with this setup will be more than adequate for me. There are old videos of Pigman shooting great groups at 100yds through the old whisker biscuit.
I think you’ll love it. I’ve shot WB and the EZV sight for the past two years and love the simplicity of it. My furthest shot I’ve ever taken was 32 yards so it works great for me.

I had one on my sons bow when he was first starting out due to the simplicity and arrow retention, it seems with kids all you hear is the arrow tinging the riser haha. It worked great out to 30yds, never shot further as that was his accuracy limit at the time. We both use QAD drop away rests and love them.

Back