• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Who’s freaking pumped?

mattpsu1

SH Member
I’m ready to go! Most excited I’ve been about a season in awhile. And not because I’ve got booners on cam, but my confidence is soaring. I know they’ll be there and I’ve learned so much over the last few years and I know if I bring my A game that I will have chances. My biggest buck to date I didn’t even get on cam until October 17 but I hunted him hard and made him my one and only priority. He ghosted me the rest of archery season. Didn’t even get another pic of him. But the giant rubs were just a piece of the puzzle and I pegged his bedding through Huntstand maps and topography and boots on the ground. And he returned to his home turf and made an appearance half hour before dark first Saturday of rifle season. Damn straight I wish I would’ve got him with the bow! But in PA, a 150+ public land buck, especially one you have pegged, is quite the accomplishment. That was 2017 and the bottom line that year is that I had time afield that year more than any other year to date and I had put tons fold of effort into this addiction. I had a hitlist that year of 8 mature bucks. The one I got was top of the list. One other was very close and may have even scored higher but I didn’t have good pics of him and he didn’t show up until archery season was done in my state and I think he was just wandering. So my point is…get excited, have fun. We all love new gear and love talking about it but what we really love is bagging that biggun!

I'm excited for this season too! For some of the same reasons. I got a new bow before last season, and because the ATA was different, the string angle was different which threw my accuracy and confidence off as I tried to figure out the right combo of sight, peep, and anchor point. I'm finally feeling confident shooting it.

I've been successful the last two years after having been unsuccessful my whole deer hunting career. I harvested a black bear before I got my first deer! So I'm also going into this season more confident in my skills in the woods, and some of that has to do with the tips and tricks I've picked up here that helped me last season.

Hadnt really thought about it but this year is a new bow, new pack, an elk tag and some other stuff I am working on that has been all out got to this point. I need to stack enough bodies to sink Noah's boat or Momma aint going to be happy with me.

I am super exited with a few good tags. However, I had a bad car accident in June and not even close to ready. Antelope opens on the 15th, elk on September 2nd, mulies October 1 and a whitetail trip in November. Oh well, there is always hope if carbon is in the air.

With the heat lately I've found it hard to have the want to even be in the tree practicing! September archery is going to be rough for sure. Maybe we'll get really lucky and get an early fall! damm Florida temps. I felt really bad with those guys who's season started at the end of July in south Florida.

September 24 opener here in Ohio. Been noticing the geese starting to fly already too. My giant oak trees in my yard are starting to drop but they are very tiny, I read up on that once but forgot what it means when the acorns are tiny. Can’t wait for cooler weather but I’ll still be out there the week after the opener. Good luck everyone and be safe

I'm a fat old man 69 and I wasn't sure I would be hunting this year because my legs have been bothering me. Last year was difficult to climb. I've been on a diet for about 30 days and so far lost 21 pounds. My legs don't bother me half as much as they did. Sooo I'm going to start practicing climbing and by the time the season rolls in I'll be ready.

I cant wait 2 weeks and im in the tree. This year im confident and k now we will have success with the work we put in this off season.
This year i have a few different bucks i want to go after but I really want to see My daughter kill her first buck I want to see @Jhand get some time to get a crack at one of the bucks we know of. He is such a great guy who has helped me in so many ways the last few years. A true Freind
Early on my plan is to try to go after a few targets the first week or so especially in the mornings. this is I think a great time to catch a big old educated buck moving back to his bed late in the morning.
after the first few weeks If my plan pans out or not I am gonna hunt Hard but, I want to get back to just hunting deer this year but still know i can be in spots to get a crack at few other targts I am after.
Now where i hunt and it may not happen everywhere but There is always a fine line when it comes to stand placement outside of the rut. Usually if you are seeing alot of does and young bucks your probably not in the right spot to catch a Mature buck.
So decisions are based on what is going on on that specific day in that area .
I am super pumped though. new bow,new platform,new saddle.
The wait seems a bit crazier every day.

Back