• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Who's going elk hunting this year?

Just plain old Michigan deer season - missed last year due to Cancer and a BMT, can't wait. We did buy a preference point for Pronghorn and Elk in Wyoming this year, hopefully a few more years and will be doing some planning. Good luck on that Elk hunt sounds awesome, post up some pic's here when you get back.

Just plain old Michigan deer season - missed last year due to Cancer and a BMT, can't wait. We did buy a preference point for Pronghorn and Elk in Wyoming this year, hopefully a few more years and will be doing some planning. Good luck on that Elk hunt sounds awesome, post up some pic's here when you get back.

Sorry to hear but hopefully (sounds like you may be) on the mend?

Thanks! Here's a couple pics from last year. Steeper country in NM than I have hunted in CO but worth it.

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG

Gunnison, Colorado area. Sep 6-17.
Good luck!

I wish. Haven't been since 2016 and I die a little inside every September I can't be in the mountains. I can't leave the wife at home with the little ones for two weeks and still have a wife. It's going to be a couple more years. I'll be living vicariously through stories and photos until then, so those are appreciated.

I wish. Haven't been since 2016 and I die a little inside every September I can't be in the mountains. I can't leave the wife at home with the little ones for two weeks and still have a wife. It's going to be a couple more years. I'll be living vicariously through stories and photos until then, so those are appreciated.
So the issue isssss…..???

I'm back... and with my first elk (archery or otherwise)! Group of cow's came in while working 2 bulls and we were going to get busted anyways so I took the 22 yard broadside shot on the lead (biggest) cow. Working on getting it all packaged up this week.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 31
I'm back... and with my first elk (archery or otherwise)! Group of cow's came in while working 2 bulls and we were going to get busted anyways so I took the 22 yard broadside shot on the lead (biggest) cow. Working on getting it all packaged up this week.
That's awesome. I was within bow range of 9 on my trip this year but the only one that offered a shot at vitals was a spike.

Last edited:
New Mexico rut is on the list. Colorado (Redstone area) is where I have been. A good buddy of mine moved out there years ago so it makes for an easy and cheap trip. My little guy is turning 2 this November so maaayyybe 2022-2023. He is having kids now as well so its been difficult to get back out as of late

2016? Need to change your username to something more appropriate:
Recluse Yinzer.
Homebody Yinzer
Po-boy Yinzer
Whipped Yinzer
Estrogen Yinzer

Back