• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Why Bridge Loop Stops? Not needed if...

swampsnyper

I never used my micro adjusters. I just felt it was always putting pressure where it wasn’t needed. Seems to me if your bridge ends are loose and slick like mine (carabiners), then whenever you slide the saddle under your butt, the carabiners slide on the bridge loop to a position where they equal out the pressure of the top and bottom strap of the saddle. With a girth hitched bridge on the bridge straps, it’s not allowing it to slide freely, that’s why y’all are needing to position it. It just got me thinking. I could be wrong. just my opinion on the matter.
I had made my own bridge for my kestrel at a fixed length and attached with 2 carabiners. Always had my micro adjusters loose because any adjustment on it would make the saddle have more pressure on one end. Then I got a mantis with the fixed bridge and I hated it. Put my DIY bridge with 2 carabiner attachment points from my Kestrel on it and it was a lot better. Maybe having a bridge that is free to find its own spot on the bridge loops is the trick, instead of having to move it to where it wants to be because it’s restricted to move on its own from friction.
Just a thought. Seems right because I do notice they are in different locations on the bridge loops depending on where I have it under my butt. I better hurry and patent this idea. Free moving bridge. Game changer!
Adjustable bridge loop stops are just a fix for friction bridge ends in my experience. Instead of modifying bridge loop stops, simply add carabiners to your bridge and see if it finds the right spot automatically. Been working for me. Maybe we can find an attachment with a roller on it for even less friction.

Last edited:
You’re right, as you make adjustments it changes the position of the bridge on the bridge loops if it’s free enough to move. I agree with your opinion and see where a tightly girth hitched or knotted webbing bridge would lead to the thought of bridge loop “slots”

Instead of a carabiner, use a rated thimble like this one for amsteel. Anodized or ceramic coated for a slicker finish. Use amsteel as a sheath over your rolled webbing bridge loops to make them rounder and slicker. I’m full of ideas. Just need some one to sew me up the ultimate saddle.

48aad7d925aebaf45b747c6fddb09901.jpg

I think the petzl ring on the ends of your bridge will be more compact than a carabiner. I might buy a couple. I’m sure they will work the same. Just need to make a round slick bridge loop.

I just tried a new webbing bridge over the weekend with 2 carabiners. it's a lot better then my webbing bridge with knots. On my Tactisaddle they free float in the saddle loops!

I was asking before if any one used a bridge like this with loops with 2 carabiners didn't get any information back?Screenshot_20200115-213223_Chrome.jpg

You may not always want the pressure to be equal. Having stops on the loops allows you to apply the pressure exactly where you want, not have to deal with where the pressure ends up.

....................................................................................
Tethrd Prostaff
Stormwater Creek Podcast contributor
....................................................................................
All climbing methods, platforms, saddle designs, and/or use of materials possibly mentioned in the post above are not peer reviewed for safety, and should only be used as an example of my own method. Do your own research and testing before becoming confident in any DIY solution to support your life.
-IkemanTx

I think the petzl ring on the ends of your bridge will be more compact than a carabiner. I might buy a couple. I’m sure they will work the same. Just need to make a round slick bridge loop.
Here's a picture of the ring next to a Black Diamond Positron. They're actually pretty close in size. Those are the bridge connections on my Kestrel.

1579143058804.png

I tried using carabiners, didnt like them when repositioning as they sometimes caused an unexpected slip. Much prefer being in control of my bridge. Stops in the loops are best thing I've tried to date as they are easy to adjust but dont just move on their own.

You may not always want the pressure to be equal. Having stops on the loops allows you to apply the pressure exactly where you want, not have to deal with where the pressure ends up

X2 on this.
I guess we are all a little different but this was a no-go for me. I tried everything that I could think of to improve comfort and prevent ride up of my saddle (including the double carabiner removable bridge that you describe) and one of the best things that I ever did was girth hitch my bridge to my bridge loops so I could put it and keep it where I needed it.
This allows me to set my tether height where I want it with the short bridge that I prefer and adjust the angle of the saddle with the bridge position on the loops if I need to. I tried both a mantis and a kestrel with similar results.

I have a petzel ring on one side of my Kestrel. They're actually pretty close to my Black Diamond Positrons in size. I can snap a quick pic if you'd like.

I think the positrons are what I been using. Snap a side by side pic please. Might save me some money if it’s not much different in size.

Nevermind, thanks

I tried using carabiners, didnt like them when repositioning as they sometimes caused an unexpected slip. Much prefer being in control of my bridge. Stops in the loops are best thing I've tried to date as they are easy to adjust but dont just move on their own.

I’ve never experienced an unexpected slip or at least one that wasn’t smooth and controlled. I’d rather it have some give and it move with me while twisting for a shot than feel it fighting against how I’m wanting to move.
But hey, we all make decisions based on our experiences.

I’ve never experienced an unexpected slip or at least one that wasn’t smooth and controlled. I’d rather it have some give and it move with me while twisting for a shot than feel it fighting against how I’m wanting to move.
But hey, we all make decisions based on our experiences.
The bigger the loop the more likely it will slip up and down was my experience.

You may not always want the pressure to be equal. Having stops on the loops allows you to apply the pressure exactly where you want, not have to deal with where the pressure ends up.

Tethrd Prostaff
Stormwater Creek Podcast contributor
All climbing methods, platforms, saddle designs, and/or use of materials possibly mentioned in the post above are not peer reviewed for safety, and should only be used as an example of my own method. Do your own research and testing before becoming confident in any DIY solution to support your life.
-IkemanTx

Maybe. I can’t think of a situation I’d want to feel more pressure. Self adjusting pressure as needed on the move sounds better.

Back