• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

wich is a better backband Aerohunter or Tethered ?

Bucktalk

trying to get an opinion from you guys on which backband to go with tetheredor aero hunter from your guys experience looks like aero hunter has better hook up and more adjustability if anyone has extra there loo

My affiliation aside....I honestly think it’s hard to beat the Tethrd back band. The hook up system is stupid easy and genius if you
ask me. The prussic cords also come with o rings to prevent loss. I don’t believe the AH ones come with them. Not a huge deal but a small detail many don’t think about.

Tethrd-Ginger Ninja/Fire Crotch Fiddler

I have both. When I hunt with the kestrel I use the tethrd recliner. It’s the hook up that’s better but how small it is to store is great too. I’ve broke a few of the s hooks on the aero back band. Not leaning against it but when taking weight off to adjust tether and other things. If the back band drops down and you sit into the saddle I usually wind up sitting on the back band. The tethrd backband isn’t comfortable if you sit on it but it will hold your weight. It also folds up and goes into my sys hauler under the tether.

I have both. When I hunt with the kestrel I use the tethrd recliner. It’s the hook up that’s better but how small it is to store is great too. I’ve broke a few of the s hooks on the aero back band. Not leaning against it but when taking weight off to adjust tether and other things. If the back band drops down and you sit into the saddle I usually wind up sitting on the back band. The tethrd backband isn’t comfortable if you sit on it but it will hold your weight. It also folds up and goes into my sys hauler under the tether.

Those plastic buttons must be pretty dang strong then!

Tethrd-Ginger Ninja/Fire Crotch Fiddler

They have been tested to 298lbs. That’s some tough little cord on the prussiks also. Hopefully I’ll never test them at that weight again. I haven’t weighed in a couple weeks but should be around the 250 mark. Y’all are going to have to find a new torture tester.

I got the newly redesigned AH back band with my Flex and already had a Tethrd Recliner. The new AH has improved the hookups, but it weighs more than the Tethrd. The wide part is more narrow than Tethrd, but longer, so there is more take up adjustment in the Tethrd. Tethrd wins on this one so far, but if you bought an new AH package, no reason to get the Tethrd, both work fine.

John H.

I like the tethrd hook up better. Rolls up nice and compact.

I have seen both. Tethrd certainly wins in the backband area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back